New plastic bonder epoxy

Reaction score
i found a epoxy plastic bonder at my Lowes. Its good for all types of plastic. Made by Loctite. I did a little experiment with it and its awesome. I used a old Phantom prop and cut it in two pieces. Mixed up a little bit of this product and applied thin layer to both parts. It sets in 20 minutes and is fully cured in 24 hours. I tried with all my strength to take it apart but the only part that would bend and break was where there was no epoxy. Then I created a crack in the shell of a badly crashed P3P that I had kept for spare parts, and applied the epoxy. Again I twisted the repaired part and it would not break where I put the epoxy This might be the best product for repairing stress cracks that I have used. Just wanted to share this with all of you!

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
There are quite a few Loctite epoxies and glues. Would you mind locating the exact one on the Lowes website and posting the link?

i found a epoxy plastic bonder at my Lowes. Its good for all types of plastic. Made by Loctite. I did a little experiment with it and its awesome. I used a old Phantom prop and cut it in two pieces. Mixed up a little bit of this product and applied thin layer to both parts. It sets in 20 minutes and is fully cured in 24 hours. I tried with all my strength to take it apart but the only part that would bend and break was where there was no epoxy. Then I created a crack in the shell of a badly crashed P3P that I had kept for spare parts, and applied the epoxy. Again I twisted the repaired part and it would not break where I put the epoxy This might be the best product for repairing stress cracks that I have used. Just wanted to share this with all of you!
Thanks for sharing but why is this better than the literally 100s of epoxy style quick drying glue thanexisrts all over the place?

That said, it sounds like you know your glues so I am interested in testing it but you didn't leave any information on the product other than it is made by loctitte.

I use Loctite blue on screws for the motors on my DIY builds and thats it. I am never really concerned with cracks from stress cracks because with all the concern about them, I have never once heard of a bird come flying to the ground because a stress crack got too bad. I think we are sort of pre-conditioned to be worried about stress cracks on things like airplanes because a stress crack can lead to a part of a wing or a flap falling off but in general the concern of stress cracks for Phantoms and the like is highly more alarming than it should be. But again, what flavor of Locktite is it?

Thanks for sharing but why is this better than the literally 100s of epoxy style quick drying glue thanexisrts all over the place?

That said, it sounds like you know your glues so I am interested in testing it but you didn't leave any information on the product other than it is made by loctitte.

I use Loctite blue on screws for the motors on my DIY builds and thats it. I am never really concerned with cracks from stress cracks because with all the concern about them, I have never once heard of a bird come flying to the ground because a stress crack got too bad. I think we are sort of pre-conditioned to be worried about stress cracks on things like airplanes because a stress crack can lead to a part of a wing or a flap falling off but in general the concern of stress cracks for Phantoms and the like is highly more alarming than it should be. But again, what flavor of Locktite is it?
Shop LOCTITE Repair Wrap at Lowes.com. UPC# 7934068585

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair