New Phantom maniac from Italy!

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I'm a FPV fanatic from Tuscany seaside (Italy).
I fly planes and multirotors since 2011.
I've got some planes, some 250 quad (but I'm not able to fly them as they need...), an F550 exa and a Phantom 4 bought on August of this year.
I'm always looking around for "tips and tricks" and to share video and infos.
:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum ricky .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the community! I am italian as well but i have been living in australia for 9 years and i fly my phantom 4 without having any kind of licence since here it is not required. I am planning to bring it with me in february since i am coming back for holidays, but when trying to find informations about regulations in italy it really got me confused and i couldn't find any recent posts answering my questions. Is it still ok to fly a phantom 4 in some areas or is license now an obligation? Since you are a drone enthusiast i would really appreciate if you could give me some info! Thank you

@Daniele88:
Hi Daniele,
here in Italy it's a big problem flying a drone.
You must have a Pilot Commercial License, a 5.000 Euro insurance, an ENAC authorization and a certification written on an original Egyptian papyrus signed directly by Papa Francesco!
Just joking, of course! :)
The last ENAC regulations makes a clear distinction between professional use and non professional (hobby) use.
For a non professional use there are only general rules:
- don't fly on buildings;
- don't fly on persons;
- don't fly close to airports (3 or 5 Km, I don't remember);
- don't fly in forbidden areas;
- respect privacy (this is not from ENAC but from Privacy law);
- fly LOS and not FPV (yes, yes, yes...);
- fly maximum 70 meters of altitude.
It's NOT necessary any authorization.
It's NOT necessary any insurance.
It's NOT necessary any certification.
It's NOT necessary any license.

When you read somewhere that for SAPR is necessary to have license, authorization, certification and insurance, remember that, for Italian law, SAPR is intended any drone used for professional purposes.
;)

In two words, is not the kind of drone that makes the difference but if you get money working with it or if you're just enjoying.
You can fly for hobby a K130 without any paper.
You need all the papers listed in the ENAC rules if you fly a Phantom for job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31