New Phantom 4 Pro, noisy idle!

Reaction score
Just received my new P4P last night. Turned it on to update everything and it has a very noisy idle. It sounds to me like a fan that is hitting something inside. I've done 2 test flights and it flys fine, but the noise remains. My P4 is a lot quieter. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mine did it too......Think it might have been the camera gimbal or something related to the gimbal.

Were you successful calibrating IMU? Mine has kind of a noisy fan... no idea if more than usual though cos it's my first DJI, but my IMU calibration keeps failing :(

Just received my new P4P last night. Turned it on to update everything and it has a very noisy idle. It sounds to me like a fan that is hitting something inside. I've done 2 test flights and it flys fine, but the noise remains. My P4 is a lot quieter. Any ideas?

Mine was extremely noisy. But seemed to calm down a bit.

Yup thus is why I always get Dji care. Piece of mind if anything goes wrong. I don't fly over water or in the rain so it works good for me. Both my P4P and Mavic are covered. My P3S is not. I'm always nervous buying newly released drones, I stress myself out for the first week or two analyzing every little thing under a microscope. I have to keep telling myself to have FUN

Reactions: cr6
The CPU's are eating a good deal of power and need to be cooled. In flight the flow or air makes cooling easier, but sitting on your desk the fan has to do all the work. There's a crazy amount of processing needed in these little bastards!

Brian

Has anyone noticed if the P4P is louder than the P4 during flight or hovering? I know the P3P was quieter than the P4, so I was just wondering if it's the same or a bit quieter than the P4.

S5 tap'n

Occasionally my P4P makes a high pitched noise, different from the sound of the motors and whatnot. I know this probably sounds like the dude taking his car to the mechanic and going "it sounds like clunk whir clunk clunk".

I just did an IMU calibration with no problems. When changing position (as directed by the app) I rolled it to the next position instead of picking it up and placing it back down.

Can a handful of you P4P owners do a short video of your P4P sitting on the ground, with power on, so I can hear how loud it is and comparing it to mine?

Mine isn't any louder than my P3P. As a matter of fact, I think it's actually quieter than my P3P. I've only flown it twice so far and it's been well below freezing both times. Maybe that's why, but I would think it would be louder in extreme cold temps.

S5 tap'n

Mine sounds like a loud fan, but I thought since the camera processors were moved inside the bird it made it louder, fans are still loud with gimbal off

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic