New Phantom 3 Pilot Questions

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

About two days ago I joined the ranks of phantom pilots as my refurbished DJI Phantom 3 Standard arrived in the mail. This my first drone I have ever owned so I am still getting used to setting things up and using it comfortably. Upon setting up my drone and flying it the first few times, I noticed some things and I just wasn't sure if they were normal and I was just being paranoid that I bought a refurbished drone or if something was slightly off. My first observation was that upon taking off I noticed the legs of the phantom are slightly shaking or vibrating. It is not a huge amount, and there is no visible shaking you can see in the video from the camera, but when you watch the drone the legs are shaking. I have attached a video at the bottom to where you can see what I am talking about. The other observation I noticed was after I initially take off and hover about 5-6 feet in the air, the drone will begin to descend. It will descend maybe 1-2 feet and then stop descending. Sometimes it will adjust its self and go back up to the height I released the stick and sometimes it will just climb back up a little bit. This does not happen very often after I am in flight and higher above the ground or at least I do not notice it when it is further away. Is there a problem with its altitude hold or is the barometer just a little behind? I may be just paranoid as I said because this is a refurbished drone from DJI, but I just wanted to see if people had input if there could be a small issue with it slightly vibrating and losing altitude by a few feet randomly. As you can see in the video as I am filming the vibration/shaking the drone is randomly increasing in altitude, I was not touching the sticks, not sure if this was due to ground effect of me being near it or not. I have redone the compass calcification, IMU calibration and changed my props just to see if that had any effect on it. Sorry for the noob questions, just had some concerns as I am new to the drone and DJI world.

Thanks Everyone

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information found in here. You really should not have any visible vibration and my first thought I would have pointed to the props like you did. I also have a PS3. And mine will hover exactly in the same spot I leave it with very little movement unless the wind is blowing. Please wait for one of the seasoned pilots to answer. This is the first I've heard of this. Again welcome!

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information found in here. You really should not have any visible vibration and my first thought I would have pointed to the props like you did. I also have a PS3. And mine will hover exactly in the same spot I leave it with very little movement unless the wind is blowing. Please wait for one of the seasoned pilots to answer. This is the first I've heard of this. Again welcome!
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input. I agree from videos and other things I have watched, it seemed abnormal so I wanted to see what other people thought. Thanks again for the reply

The vibrations can definitely be minimized by balancing the props but you can't reduce them to zero.

P3S doesn't have VPS system to maintain its height and horizontal position at low heights and thus the movements that you are seeing are expected values. Take it to 50-100' and observe the change.

The vibrations can definitely be minimized by balancing the props but you can't reduce them to zero.

P3S doesn't have VPS system to maintain its height and horizontal position at low heights and thus the movements that you are seeing are expected values. Take it to 50-100' and observe the change.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to look at my post

I hearing a loud squeaking sound coming from one of my motor does that mean it's going bad phanthom 3 standard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav