New P4, Wacky Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
2 week old P4 purchased new. About 15 fantastic flights. No crashes or hard landings. On two of the flights, the Gimbal has gone bonkers (see short video below). Not mildly out of alignment. Its like its powered off mid flight. As you can see, launched with Gimbal straight down. I think I was just panning Gimbal when it went offline. Have done cold IMU, Compass Calibration, and activated. Generally flying in P mode, with no particularity unique settings. Stays completely hosed until power off/on at which point it is back to normal... for a while. All latest firmware. Please advise!

Thanks!
jeff

I and one other user had this same problem. We suspect the battery, but DJI support respond that the best way to diagnose the problem is to send the drone back to them. Here's link to the thread.
Phantom 4 - gimbal shut down on mid-air

BTW Did you had a chance to check log in app?

Mine did exactly this. Sent it back to dji and the gimbal was replaced but no further information provided on what they found and the reason it happened....

Uggh.But thanks for the response.Wish I didnt buy at FRY's. Shuld just be able to do an exchange 2 weeks in..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl