New P4 Propeller Guard/Protector won't affect the Phantom 4 Obstacle Sensing system???

I was just about to post about having to choose between obstacle sensing and propeller guards. I will be checking their product, Thanks!

ETA I just ordered these but I had trouble with joining AliExpress I am not getting any of the transaction or confirmation mail. This seems to be the only place in the world you can buy them.

Last edited:
I was able to get around the OA shut down by removing the black lines with paint thinker.

The problem I ran into was during forward flight the OA system would see the guards and stop the drone causing very jerky flight.

These work fine on mine.
b382ab20a52621ad69bee68df95ad624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

so 15 dollars each? 60 bucks for them? dang

Tempting fate I think but hey... P4 can be had for 1100 on ebay now.. Roll the dice.

I was able to get around the OA shut down by removing the black lines with paint thinker.

The problem I ran into was during forward flight the OA system would see the guards and stop the drone causing very jerky flight.
I thinking about doing that, removing the black stripes, so this worked for you Wayne?

I got mine today. They are causing intermittent obstacle alerts causing flight to be interrupted. It seems to happen during forward motion. I have tried to refit them a few times and I had one propeller that was clipping the protector despite adjusting it a few times. I am not sure what is going on there. Here are a few images that you can see them.

Attachments

• 2016-07-12-01-prop.jpg
    2016-07-12-01-prop.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 2016-07-12-02-prop.jpg
    2016-07-12-02-prop.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 553
  • 2016-07-12-03-prop.jpg
    2016-07-12-03-prop.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
That was the issue I was having with the front guards. I now only use the rear guards. I like the added visibility the rear guards provide, mine are painted green. I have not noticed any change in flight characteristic.

Reactions: Rudder Bug
I just received my Tozo propeller guards today (from Amazon from a seller in China), threw them on my Phantom 4 (front and back) and ran a simple Litchi mission up and down my street. The first time I ran the mission it flew flawlessly then the 2nd & 3rd time I ran the mission it went up vertically and proceeded slowly forward and then stopped after a bit mid air and started rising higher and higher but very slowly. I could not get it to move forward or backwards. I even tried lowering it but it would not and it continued to rise higher. So I switched to S and was able to regain control landing it safely. I wonder if the guards had anything to do with it. I'll try the mission tomorrow w/o the guards to see if that was the problem. On another note after these incidences/flights and @ 35% I got a "critically low voltage warning" on a brand new, first time/flight, freshly charged battery. I wonder if the two events are related? I did turnoff the drone and controller, then back on, flew it hovering off the ground for a bit, landed it, and the error disappeared.

That is concerning. If you repeat the test with the obstacle avoidance system disabled does it still happen? Have you also updated Phantom firmware recently? Thanks for the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.