New P3 Basically Bricked and DOA - What's next?

Reaction score
You'll see in the help Forum, I've had a nightmare. Dji truly is a pretty amateur company in terms of tech and customer support. And, definitely in terms of warranty assistance.. I've had multiple phantoms.. I will be sending back my worthless P3 pro brick tomorrow regardless for a free amazon refund. I'm hesitant to order another P3, I'm bitter and angry with the high % of **** units. (YES I KNOW WHEN WORKING IT'S AN AMAZING PRODUCT). Do I incest right back into this or go the solo? I have such a nasty take in my mouth after not having it this weekend on a trip I paid for and planned on doing multiple shoots. Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have got to ask... If you have such a bad experience with DJI and you say it's a "pretty amateur company in terms of tech and customer support" why do you have multiple phantoms?

I am on the ropes of ordering either solo or p3. I already sold my p2 and ready to upgrade. I am a member of a p3 group as well as a solo group on FB. I just wanted to see what people had to post about both. Both having to be fairly new, They'll both have their problems with the first batch but it seems like the majority of posts on p3 group is positive while the majority of posts on solo group is negative. So, I am now going for p3p. I just would hate for my new p3 to be DOA. From what I heard DJI customer service sucks!

Last edited:
I have got to ask... If you have such a bad experience with DJI and you say it's a "pretty amateur company in terms of tech and customer support" why do you have multiple phantoms?
The explanation has been on the forum for several days-- There are many Phantom flyers out there that haven't experienced this frustration and not being able to do anything about it in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry about the bad experience with the Phantom.... wish we had the answers..

Not taking up for DJI, because I have had my issues with them also over batteries, but my experience to date with the Phantom has been very positive. Jumping over to an unproven platform will probably result in more frustration and unanswered questions.

IMHO, I think you try to get the Phantom replaced until you know more about the solo and issues it may have.

Good luck to you down the road

Last edited:
The explanation has been on the forum for several days-- There are many Phantom flyers out there that haven't experienced this frustration and not being able to do anything about it in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry about the bad experience with the Phantom.... wish we had the answers..

Not taking up for DJI, because I have had my issues with them also over batteries, but my experience to date with the Phantom has been very positive. Jumping over to an unproven platform will probably result in more frustration and unanswered questions.

IMHO, I think you try to get the Phantom replaced until you know more about the solo and issues it may have.

Good luck to you down the road
Thank you. This is what I needed to hear to reassure myself.. just had an u lucky week with this and spent a lot of money on this trip and have been kicking myself as all of the good photo ops go by.

Sorry for the typos, on my phone which I never proof read. I loved my P2, did the whole rotorpixel thing and in the end that was an amazing product... Just need to cross my fingers that my replacement P3 isn't a defective unit. Don't get me wrong, I have major admiration for DJI putting pro quality products out before anyone else for the mass consumer.. I just wish $1,300 was a sure thing in terms of usability and basic functions.

Reactions: bobmyers
I am on the ropes of ordering either solo or p3. I already sold my p2 and ready to upgrade. I am a member of a p3 group as well as a solo group on FB. I just wanted to see what people had to post about both. Both having to be fairly new, They'll both have their problems with the first batch but it seems like the majority of posts on p3 group is positive while the majority of posts on solo group is negative. So, I am now going for p3p. I just would hate for my new p3 to be DOA. From what I heard DJI customer service sucks!
P3P is amazing.. If it's working. Taking out any pilot error, there's a chance you get a dud. My P2 flew like a champ for over a year, never touching firmware.. Loved it. P3P just came unable to operate... Since solo has crashed and burned in terms of expectations, I'll probably go P3P but if I get unlucky with the next unit I'll lose my mind.

Reactions: MelM
P3P is amazing.. If it's working. Taking out any pilot error, there's a chance you get a dud. My P2 flew like a champ for over a year, never touching firmware.. Loved it. P3P just came unable to operate... Since solo has crashed and burned in terms of expectations, I'll probably go P3P but if I get unlucky with the next unit I'll lose my mind.

It is like rolling dice, however, I think the odds of getting a good one are somewhat better than playing craps. Good luck:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj