New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

Ok so I tried all that and got the log files on the desktop and then went to the website and clicked on upload and then chose a file and got 'Error analyzing the file! Try again'. It is a txt. file but does not say DJI FLIGHT LOG in front of the file.

Not the Log File folder. The Flight record folder. A couple of us made the same mistake. No worries.

Oops just saw you got it figured out.

OK, I did some analysis and got some good data. Believe it or not there are more than 400 flights uploaded already - all in 1 day :) so I got some good data to compare. I did update the description on the battery page and it now provides 2 examples of really bad batteries (just open your flight to see it) You can see that your battery is doing much much better :) 1-4 deviations is pretty common so I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's an example of a bad battery:

deviations-error1.jpg
I thought I recognized my battery. When I saw this I figured I must have a bad battery. But this battery performs well. Should I be worried?

Edit: A closer look and I see it doesn't match my serial number. Mine was 383. It just looks like this.

Eran,

Awesome work! I've uploaded about 10 flights so far and plan to do more tonight. Some questions for you on this tool as I'm super interested in how you're doing this.

1. What are you programming in?
2. Are you using DJI's official SDK information?
3. I haven't gone digging into the actual flight record files to see what format they're in, so let me just ask you... what are they using? SQLite? CSV? Something else?
4. And lastly, do you need some help?

:)

And here's a video of how to get the flight records out of the DJI Go app on an iPhone to your computer and then uploaded to the site via iTunes:

Great video-- thanks great help!:):):)

And here's a video of how to get the flight records out of the DJI Go app on an iPhone to your computer and then uploaded to the site via iTunes:

Awesome stuff! thanks!! I'll update the upload page with this link instead of the other video. Sorry for the slow response, I'm busy working on the Controls page... will check back here soon.

Eran... good work. Suggestion to enable a directory structure on the left column, so once they have 1000 logs uploaded, they don't have to scroll all the way down the page.

Ok so I tried all that and got the log files on the desktop and then went to the website and clicked on upload and then chose a file and got 'Error analyzing the file! Try again'. It is a txt. file but does not say DJI FLIGHT LOG in front of the file.

I did that too.It's not the flight log that you need, it's the flight record.

Great work what you're doing Eran.
I uploaded one of my logs from a flight where the app said 'Tips__Severely low voltage, the aircraft will land now' about 2m19s into the flight and with about 55-60% battery left.
I thought I may find something interesting from your analysis but it didn't seem to see anything unusual with the battery. Let me know if you'd like me to upload the flight log in case you or anyone is interested to see what may cause this?
Thanks for your work!

Eran, just incredible!!!! You have outdone the phantom community with this resource. Just tried your site, all to say is wow!
Query: I noticed the SN of the batteries listed in the reports are diff. than my SN's listed on the battery.. i'm assuming the SN that is printed on the batt. is the lower of the 2 stickers. I would say the top sticker is a upc code, the bottom sticker has a top and bottom #. top would be "model #" and below that is the "SN". Correct? Pls advise! Thank you!!!

Eran, just incredible!!!! You have outdone the phantom community with this resource. Just tried your site, all to say is wow!
Query: I noticed the SN of the batteries listed in the reports are diff. than my SN's listed on the battery.. i'm assuming the SN that is printed on the batt. is the lower of the 2 stickers. I would say the top sticker is a upc code, the bottom sticker has a top and bottom #. top would be "model #" and below that is the "SN". Correct? Pls advise! Thank you!!!

Looks like Eran is not showing the serial number anymore?

I just checked in with a new log and the Serial Number is still reported. I wonder if these are HealthyDrone assigned serial numbers since they do not match anything DJI has provided.

I imagine it might just be an auto increment field in the database table. For example, mine is 2313, so it could simply be the 2,313th battery that has been uploaded.

Thanks Brad. Yes, I noticed that the serial numbers don't match the sticker either. This is what my code is reading out of the data files. I will have to look into it and see if I am missing something there. Erroll, the serial number should still be there as I haven't changed anything. Please let me know if it's missing for you.
On a different note - the first Controls page - Rudder response time - will be coming out this evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad Pierce
I imagine it might just be an auto increment field in the database table. For example, mine is 2313, so it could simply be the 2,313th battery that has been uploaded.
The battery serial number is taken from the data file, not auto generated. I noticed it does not match the sticker on the battery and will investigate.

Great work what you're doing Eran.
I uploaded one of my logs from a flight where the app said 'Tips__Severely low voltage, the aircraft will land now' about 2m19s into the flight and with about 55-60% battery left.
I thought I may find something interesting from your analysis but it didn't seem to see anything unusual with the battery. Let me know if you'd like me to upload the flight log in case you or anyone is interested to see what may cause this?
Thanks for your work!
Some people have issues when the battery is not entirely tight inside the aircraft. I had a similar issue where after 2 minutes in the air my aircraft reported voltage/battery issues - I landed immediately and noticed that the battery was not fully tight in there. Since then I always triple check before I take off.

Eran... good work. Suggestion to enable a directory structure on the left column, so once they have 1000 logs uploaded, they don't have to scroll all the way down the page.
Thanks. Yes, very good suggestion, I will add it to my list.

Look at the attached dials - the minutes and distance simply do not gel?
minutes.png
mpb.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12