New Guy Introduction and Video

Reaction score
Hi folks!

My name is Anthony. Nice to meet you all. I found this forum a few weeks ago when I was doing research on what drone I wanted to purchase. I got some good info while I was lurking around. Last week I pulled the trigger and purchased a Phantom 3 Professional and I absolutely love it!

I played a lot of video games growing up, which then got me hooked on flight simulators back in the 90s. My love for flight sims got me involved in the RC Aircraft world, which didn't go to well at first lol. I actually started with RC cars. Had one that moved faster than 60mph. I wasn't satisfied with driving on the ground, so I moved to helicopters. I have about 4 different helicopters, and some of them were very difficult to learn how to operate. I spent a lot of money on spare parts. I then tried a few airplanes. That was fun, but you can only have so much fun flying around in circles. I was a bigger fan of helicopters.

Then I discovered this new world of drones. Wow! I did my research and wanted to make the move last year, but I held off. Then I saw the Phantom 3 and decided it was time. I know I don't have to tell you guys how great this thing is, but I'm gonna tell you anyway. This thing is great! For the longest time I tried to figure out ways to hook up a camera to my airplanes and helis, and now I am able to do it all with my Phantom. I am really enjoying my time with this bird.

So I got it last week and feel that it was easy to master. I made my first video 2 days ago and within 24 hours it already had over 10,000 views on my facebook page. There are some choppy moments with my movements in the video, but with time and practice I am sure I will improve with my recording. Here is the video I posted. I also created the soundtrack for the video and did all the editing.

I have done a lot of reading up on the rules, thanks to the info provided here on your website. I am going to do my best to represent our community as a responsible user. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)
Nice vid .
If you fly helicopters the phantom is like a walk in the park have fun be safe ..
Check out the PP swag great way to support the forum :D

Reactions: PhillyAnt
Welcome! You have lots of great places to film up in P.A.

Yeah I look forward to seeing what I can get into. Next week I am going to try to make it to Turkey Point Lighthouse in Maryland. Google it if you aren't familiar. It sits on a cliff overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. So many things to film!

Yeah I look forward to seeing what I can get into. Next week I am going to try to make it to Turkey Point Lighthouse in Maryland. Google it if you aren't familiar. It sits on a cliff overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. So many things to film!
Lot's of natural beauty and historic places out that way. There is a place up in PA called Shipensburg that I drove through on my way to New York. It was amazing. Easton and Hershey are beautiful too. I have family in Eerie. I should go film up there.lol

Reactions: PhillyAnt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj