New guy from Oz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Nothing to ask. Just introducing myself and am sure there will be lots of questions soon. Must say this forum and YouTube does a great job for DJI!

Cheers

Gerard

PS Beginners mode has already 'saved me' a couple of times!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Sounds like a great place...lots of Wind? How does your drone do in higher winds?
It handles wind surprising well. The higher mountains get a lot of wind. I think the forest here stop a lot of it. I have to watch the winds when I fly high because it can get frightening. I can watch the clouds shoot by.

Hi all, another **** Aussie here lol. Central West NSW. Being flying smaller units for a while, Hubsans 501s mainly, but decided to upgrade to a ''real one''. Only received the Phantom 3 standard yesterday, and having registration issues with it. I see there is an identical thread going, so will post there and see how we go. Am a retired electronics tech, so may be able to offer some help along the way. Geoff

Hi all, another **** Aussie here lol. Central West NSW. Being flying smaller units for a while, Hubsans 501s mainly, but decided to upgrade to a ''real one''. Only received the Phantom 3 standard yesterday, and having registration issues with it. I see there is an identical thread going, so will post there and see how we go. Am a retired electronics tech, so may be able to offer some help along the way. Geoff
G'day Geoff. Only had my P3 standard for a week but really enjoying it. I'm a sailor and always wanting windy weather...now with the drone, it's the opposite! Good luck with yours.

Gerard

Thanks to all. yes, have finally done the activation by using a pad. Hope the android works when it arrives. Have done the low hover test and all good. A little intimidating the P3, after flying ''toy'' units, the power of the props sure let you know it is now serious business. You get to toss the toys around a bit, but the dollar cost of the P3 changes all that. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72