New Flight Tracker - Flytrex Core

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I could not find a newer one for general discussion on the Flytrex. I was wondering if anyone has installed an MicroSD Extension cable such as this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...le-for-car-GPS-DVD-DVR-support/759471188.html . It looks like with a Micro SD extension cable you could mount the Flytrex inside the phantom and have only the MicroSD card outside or maybe tucked inside the battery bay and only pulled out to get the card.

Just something I am considering and wondered if anyone had done this yet. I didn't find it on search.

That cable looks bigger than the flytrex one. It's easy enough to stick on the outside, and if you really want it on the inside, then you only need to open it up to get the card out, after a few months of owning the phantom, you'll be able to open the shell no problems. If you really wanna get creative, you can mount it along side the battery in the phantom 1 and access the sd when the battery is out.

TechJunkieRC said:
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I could not find a newer one for general discussion on the Flytrex. I was wondering if anyone has installed an MicroSD Extension cable such as this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...le-for-car-GPS-DVD-DVR-support/759471188.html . It looks like with a Micro SD extension cable you could mount the Flytrex inside the phantom and have only the MicroSD card outside or maybe tucked inside the battery bay and only pulled out to get the card.

Just something I am considering and wondered if anyone had done this yet. I didn't find it on search.

That's a great idea!
I have some parts on order for a P2 build, I think I'll try this out. This should give decent flexibility of placement of the flytrap inside.

Driffill said:
That cable looks bigger than the flytrex one. It's easy enough to stick on the outside, and if you really want it on the inside, then you only need to open it up to get the card out, after a few months of owning the phantom, you'll be able to open the shell no problems. If you really wanna get creative, you can mount it along side the battery in the phantom 1 and access the sd when the battery is out.

I guess I am going for form and function. I hate having bits hanging off of my planes and quads if I can help it. It also makes them pretty vulnerable in an "unexpected landing". I had considered putting the flytrex in the battery bay. My concern is using larger batteries like the 2700mAh could cause space issues and some batteries have longer leads meaning you have to stick the extra around the battery or shorten the leads. I don't want to risk damaging the flytrex. My thoughts with the extension would be to possibly run the cable through one of the holes in the leg if possible and mount the end on a leg like the compass or underneath. My other thought was to find a way to tuck it in the battery bay out of the way on one side where I could get it with long nose pliers and pull it out to get the card out and then stick it back in for flight. Just an idea that I haven't completely thought through yet. Thank you for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

check out my installation video on youtube channel "jwuman" i routed out one of the vent slots..neat install,,,warning about installing inside the phantom shell,,,,it needs to be outside the craft for GPS reception and barometer functions,,,i wouldnt stick it inside a phantom for those reasons,,,,the pins on the special phantom cable connector (sold separately) may be easy to pop out and run the cable thru the exisitng cable penetrations on the top inside surface of the landing legs....i didnt want to risk damaging the special cable required for the flytrex so i went thru the port side vent slot,,i plan to run antenaa cables thru there as well once i update the camera antennas...as for the Flytrex core: it is an awesome addition to the P2V and i love the product, just loaded my first mission,,,the flytrex team especially "Amit" are awesome,,,,i had to load google chrome to get the missions uploaded , it did not like the old internet explorer version 9 i was running, loaded chrome and no problems....i used 3M picture hanger velco haevy duty to attach just under the battery well underside of lower shell,,,mounted athwartship with the SD card accessed from the starboard side of the craft....hope this helps...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4