New Firmware Update for P4

Reaction score
Any one have still having any issues with the new Firmware ? Is it downloading better now and are all the functions of the drone after the update all up to speed? Share your experience and let us all know!

Good morning! From what is posted many are having serious problems while others say it is the best ever! So who knows? Personally I switched to Litchi in November and have not had to deal with DJI so far. I won't consider DJI GO because of my problems with it including constantly crashing during flights . I have read of any Litchi related problems.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

With new firmware, my P4 is a bit nervous up to some 10 m AGL, maybe precission landing issue. Must do some test flights. New IFMs working awesome. App crashing mid-air as usual, not more, not less.

I get an Imu error message while Imu is warming up then it goes away and it is ready to go . This only happens on first start up . If I switch drone off and restart again I don't see Imu error message again ? Weird

Reactions: Photoflash
Good morning! From what is posted many are having serious problems while others say it is the best ever! So who knows? Personally I switched to Litchi in November and have not had to deal with DJI so far. I won't consider DJI GO because of my problems with it including constantly crashing during flights . I have read of any Litchi related problems.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
I switched to Litchi months ago and everything has been smooth flying (Phantom 4 w/ Samsung Galaxy Tab E)

I wanted to update the firmware update for the Dji Phantom 4 . I finally updated today and I used a iPhone 7 plus / Dji Go app. I update the remote first then the drone . I have flown 3 batteries and used every function and I must say the drone is WAY more STABLE, even though before I felt the same way the new fw has really made the drone easier to fly. I have had absolutely zero issues, Tripod is AWSOME !!! If anyone has any questions on the process fell free to ask!

The update went fine for me as well . iPhone 7 plus . Tested flys nicely only tried gesture mode all worked good .
Next time I started up for a flight I now get an Imu error . Cal Imu . Then it goes away and all is good again . I did the new Imu cal and compass and when I check sensors they are really good just don't know why I get this message on initial start up if I switch off and restart the message does not appear and it starts as normal .
One thing I did notice after calibrations is the drone starts up faster and is ready to fly very early compared to before . Could it be because I calibrated in cold conditions, like 18 deg c . ?
Everything is normal otherwise and very steady in the air .
Just annoying .
Cheers

I switched to Litchi months ago and everything has been smooth flying (Phantom 4 w/ Samsung Galaxy Tab E)

Do not forget if you fly with Litchi and something happens DJI is not going to repair easy, also you cannot give them logfiles to help in the investigation of your problem.

Hey all
Just did the new firmware update for phantom 4 controller only . It fixed my IMU ERROR at start up [emoji4]Thanks Dji

Hey all
Just did the new firmware update for phantom 4 controller only . It fixed my IMU ERROR at start up [emoji4]Thanks Dji
How did you fix the IMU error? I have the same problem. Says IMU error, then it goes away.
Thanks

I upgraded and have not encountered any issues. Flew yesterday, 200ft and 1.4 miles circuit , gimbal OK, horizon level, controls perfect, tested RTH all OK, tested horizontal ps and VPS all OK thus no problems at all.

Mine is a mess since latest update. P4 purchased 1 year ago. Will not fly smoothly, drifts around. It's like it's lost or dizzy. When you fly for more than 3 seconds it starts to shudder and bounce around. When you reverse direction is does so violently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers