New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

I have clear video feed on record but in photo mode it's blurry any ideas? I tried changing the mode but it doesn't clear?

I also seem to suffer altitude drop a lot when stopping,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I upgraded to 1.1.411 last night on my P4 and 4 batteries. Did 3 flights this morning. All was ok except distance. Where I used to go 10000-12000' before RTH the video feed became choppy, blocky and just crappy at about 7500' and I returned at 8100'.

I love the ability to have the lights turn off when shooting - at least that's something positive. I don't really need to fly all that far - as long as I can go at least a mile with solid performance I'm ok. I flew to just over a mile on two different flights and it was smooth and nice. Could've possibly been some interference that is not usually at that site - who knows.

I have the same issue. Did the update last night which took forever because it kept pausing. Finally updated and it is still horrible iPad Pro picture? Any help

khanbull,

With regards to vertical adjustment improvement you noticed, must be resulting of DJI change log "what's new" # 3:
"Optimized altitude adjustment logic so that the aircraft automatically adjusts its altitude according to changes in terrain while using ActiveTrack (available when the aircraft is flying within 10 meters of the ground)".

Two flights on new firmware and now I have a esc motor 2 error? Any ideas? Only got the p4 today

Gonna return it tomorrow I guess and swap for a new one

Firmware upgrades cause the file file index mode to go back to 'Reset' and the file number to go back to zero. If you change Reset to Continuous, and your memory card is blank, the file number will start at zero.

You can avoid this by having your last image on the MicroSD card. If it's there, when you change back to Continuous, the craft will pick up that file number and increment from there. If your card is blank, then copy the last image you took from your hard drive over to the card. The result will be the same.

Worked great, thanks!

I tested mine gain yesterday, and it worked great. it will still lose the subject if you dart past the UAV quickly and don't give it time to follow. But mine has always worked well.

The "perfect" unit that the guy was talking about, that is the closest to date was the Autel Robotics X Star premium.
Huh? No I meant if I was walking into Best Buy today, and gonna buy a drone, I can guarantee I'd think the Yuneeq was cooler looking and with the real gimbal and raised gear, and two extra props, and the price, and the DJI BS we've put up with, the Typhoon H would be what I drove home with. With that said, I've got too much into the P4 now, especially with the boosters and the 2.4ghz Hawking antennas, to turn back.
Talking to a wife's friend on speaker phone the other day she'd asked about the "drone" and I had said that "I liked it and that I'd decided to get another one" well, shoulda seen the look on wifey's face lol

Reactions: Bigdz
Two flights on new firmware and now I have a esc motor 2 error? Any ideas? Only got the p4 today

Well, that's not normal, I got a couple, two actually vision system errors, which I didn't like but they cleared up (seemed like a glitch) but that seems more ominous, yeah take it back, the update cleared my picture up quite a bit

I got it swapped is fine now other then an altitude drop that seems excessive and the photo preview off the live feed is very blurry

Any ideas?

Liam

I got it swapped is fine now other then an altitude drop that seems excessive and the photo preview off the live feed is very blurry

Any ideas?

Liam

I assume you have the most recent firmware, have switched from Color setting of none, to something else, back to none, and are NOT using a gimbal guard?

Yes latest firmware and tried that trick but it still stays blurry compared to the video preview,

No gimbal guard obviously removed before every flight

Any ideas?

Liam

Gimbal guard as in the CF or plastic that runs across the lowest point of your landing gear to prevent breaking of your gimbal during a crash. Using that will cause large yo yo drifts in the Phantom 4's. As far as the blurry video, the Firmware released on 06-06-16 addressed the blurry issue that was caused after the firmware immediately before it.

Yes the gimbal guard is removed the photo feed is blurry still

I had the same problem watching the videos off the SD card on PC/WMP. When the same video was watched on another computer or was opened with another program, the blurriness and over sharpening went away.
Also unscrew the front UV filter and put it back just slightly tight. Some times the filter touches the main lens.

Ok dacon I will try that however the video preview is fine so stumpt as to why the photo preview is blurry

Thanks again for all your advice guys

Liam

General question : It says in the manual its recommended to calibrate the IMU and compass after every firmware upgrade.
Do you think this is really necessary this time? since the upgrade only made some minor camera changes.....

Ok dacon I will try that however the video preview is fine so stumpt as to why the photo preview is blurry

Thanks again for all your advice guys

Liam

Photo preview is always down scaled and looks different to the video preview. This is how they are. But the actual photo will be fine. A DJI rep comment on this in rcgroups recently and it is the normal and always has been.

Photo preview is always down scaled and looks different to the video preview. This is how they are. But the actual photo will be fine. A DJI rep comment on this in rcgroups recently and it is the normal and always has been.

Yes, video stream to mobile is 720p @10mbps max on P4, and 2mbps stream on P3 Advanced, which of course makes the stream appear as lesser quality, because it is, it's a stream. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor