New drone vlog on my YouTube channel, before my drone crashed!

Oh man, I can’t believe you took off and landed in the sand. Use a car mat and save your camera. Hand catch and loose your fingers. Lol Just joking.

I actually mostly hand launch and catch now if I am in a dirty or Dusty situation., I was in such a hurry, I didn't think about the dust. Watching it back now makes me cringe haha. When I am at the beach, over the sand, I never launch it from the sand. I learned that the hard way when I was very young with one of my toy drones.
Oh man, I can’t believe you took off and landed in the sand. Use a car mat and save your camera. Hand catch and loose your fingers. Lol Just joking.

Usually any drone videos i see here and my own, are never real sharp when I first open them for a few seconds, probably a computer issue. Your video, while very nice, never "sharpened." Did you ave it on a lower res setting? Maybe I'm too critical?

Reactions: Weston Ney
Usually any drone videos i see here and my own, are never real sharp when I first open them for a few seconds, probably a computer issue. Your video, while very nice, never "sharpened." Did you ave it on a lower res setting? Maybe I'm too critical?
They always look very sharp and nice on my MacBook Pro 15 inch laptop screen. But I can't remember if I uploaded this to YouTube in 4k or not. That usually makes a difference. If you change your YouTube viewing to 1080P or 4K it should be pretty Sharp.

Well done again my young friend. Enjoyed very much. Very clear on my iPad, Nice! Keep up the good work glad to see you back.

Hope you get the new shell on soon.

Last edited:
I always use Google Maps but I write down my own instructions and confirm the route via Satellite View. So far, I haven't been lost or run into obstructions that I didn't see in the Satellite View pre-trip. <knock on wood>

D

That would be nice but my flying usually is pretty random, I don't just fly one course. I fly a lot between little cracks in branches and through tight spaces, so yeah kind of random.

I've been considering buying a mavic air for that purpose. It's tiny so it we'll fit more places, it's light so that if it crashes it won't hurt anyone, it's virtually indestructible, for a drone that is, and it's pretty high quality and fast. So it might be a good option for my more risky flights. The Phantom doesn't quite like them haha!
I always use Google Maps but I write down my own instructions and confirm the route via Satellite View. So far, I haven't been lost or run into obstructions that I didn't see in the Satellite View pre-trip.

D

Reactions: Capt KO
That would be nice but my flying usually is pretty random, I don't just fly one course. I fly a lot between little cracks in branches and through tight spaces, so yeah kind of random.

I've been considering buying a mavic air for that purpose. It's tiny so it we'll fit more places, it's light so that if it crashes it won't hurt anyone, it's virtually indestructible, for a drone that is, and it's pretty high quality and fast. So it might be a good option for my more risky flights. The Phantom doesn't quite like them haha!

I was referring to the fact that you ran out of road....or ran into dead-ends.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj