New DJI 5.8ghz Remote Control (Left Dial, Built-in Lipo Battery)

Reaction score
Good day to all,

Has anyone used the new controller with left dial, I just hate controlling the camera tilt with phone through the app. It just seems wrong to have to remove your thumb from the left stick to adjust the camera angle(safety first) all hands on the sticks! Locking the tilt through the app is also useless in my opinion.

yes Derko I have just recently installed the new transmitter and it works great for the gimbal control. You can adjust the speed rotation of the camera as well. For $100.00 I think that it is a no brainer to do the upgrade....no batteries to change and nice location for the gimbal control, all updated firmware for the transmitter and the micro usb port at the bottom for charging and calibration.....makes sense to me

Reactions: Derko
yes Derko I have just recently installed the new transmitter and it works great for the gimbal control. You can adjust the speed rotation of the camera as well. For $100.00 I think that it is a no brainer to do the upgrade....no batteries to change and nice location for the gimbal control, all updated firmware for the transmitter and the micro usb port at the bottom for charging and calibration.....makes sense to me

Cheers Ranger003
Is there any setup for the scroll wheel or does it just link to the camera?

Yes the controller is compatible. Just make sure that you get the 5.8 ghz transmitter. Pairing the transmitter is very simple as we'll.

Will it work for the 5.8ghz phantom fc40 as well? I was thinking about it but can't find any clarification of it definitely working

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

They are the same. Sorry to use confusing lingo. The transmitter/remote controller are the same thing.

Will it work for the 5.8ghz phantom fc40 as well? I was thinking about it but can't find any clarification of it definitely working

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US
Not sure about FC40....

Late to this, but I have the new transmitter. Works a treat, along with the Phantom knobs :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Late to this, but I have the new transmitter. Works a treat, along with the Phantom knobs :)
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Me too.... .. only way ta go :cool:.....just need da yaw mod now ;)

How to pair with Phantom?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is the link to bind. Simon Newton has loads of info that all fliers should be familiar with. Great information on his utube channel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic