New Control software " Hammer" anyone?

My previous experience with DJI and their customer support was absolutely terrible! I now fly with only Litchi knowing that even if I have a warranty issue I'd never again, EVER send my drone to them for repair. If I can't fix it myself, I'll find another shop that can. I got the State Farm insurance to cover most problems anyway. I experienced my problem with them in February of 2017 when my Phantom 4 flipped inverted and powered into the ground. DJI refused to tell me why or how it happened and denied my warranty claim and called it pilot error and hard landing!!! I sent enough proof to them showing that a Phantom cannot be made to invert while operating normally but they still refused to give me an answer! Any answer they started with from the first proved to be a baldfaced lie so I finally gave up and paid the bill and they sent me another drone. However they had, for some reason, removed the retaining springs that lock the propellers on. I had to send a video showing the clips missing before they would mail them to me but it only took five weeks and I had to get a moderator on here to intervene for me! So I fly knowing I have no warranty on my V 2.0 and will assume the risks myself since DJI is not at all reliable, even with so called warranty!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF
Don't assume State Farm will pay for repairs. Check your limitations and exclusions carefully.

No you didn’t, I effectively said ‘show me proof’ of your assertion that they can and will refuse service, because I’m calling it as untrue based on their T&Cs and written real world experiences of folk seeking repairs on this and like forums over the years. Without challenge, folk could believe things are as you described them, when in fact they are not - hopefully you see this, it’s not personal, it’s responsible to fact check.
The idea that DJI can refuse warranty service has always concerned me. Here are the lines from their terms and conditions:

What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover

× Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently.
× Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request.

They also do not cover anything they determine to be caused by pilot error.

I personally have Litchi installed but only use it for the occasional 360 panoramic of my front yard.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
No you didn’t, I effectively said ‘show me proof’ of your assertion that they can and will refuse service, because I’m calling it as untrue based on their T&Cs and written real world experiences of folk seeking repairs on this and like forums over the years. Without challenge, folk could believe things are as you described them, when in fact they are not - hopefully you see this, it’s not personal, it’s responsible to fact check.

No offense taken. I use Litchi too at times and I did contact Hammer about their software. Just pointing out that using third-party apps "can" cause issues with support. Not only with DJI but in any industry. I see it all the time in IT where vendors love to just point fingers instead of taking responsibility. As a correction, I am not saying that DJI will always flatly deny warranty coverage due to using a third party app. Just that they can try to blame it on that app and without solid proof that it wasn't the app, it is an uphill battle. Everyone needs to make their own decisions.
My apologies for overstating it in my first post.

Reactions: Loz
Hi Guys, Firstly apologies, I hadn't seen any alerts so I wasn't aware that my post had generated such a great discussion!. I hadn't intended to post and run :)

As I said I haven't tried the Hammer software yet, they are releasing updates on a regular basis so I am tempted to try it but I have no real 'need' of it.

I really appreciate the comments made about the risk to the warranty etc. I am in the UK so could probably bang on someone's desk if it failed and caused me grief.

Thanks again.

Hi guys !

Jumping in the conversation, new in this forum but long time member in the Inspire one.

I've been using DJI products for 6 years now, owner of Mavic Air, P4P, I2, and Matrice 210.

I've been testing the Hammer software for the past 3 months and I must say Varun and his team at Hammer are doing outstanding progress.

There is almost an update each week based on the remarks and amelioration points I bring up to them, and the simulation mode is real good before jumping to real test outside.

I honestly see a huge potential for this app, as it aims to put together all the great features of DJI Ground Station, Litchi, Pix4D, DroneDeploy, Hangar360 and others.
But moreover, each request I had for new features unavailable in other softwares, they are trying to develop it and man, they do it fast !

Can't recommend them enough and hope you will have a chance to test the app :)

Hi guys !

Jumping in the conversation, new in this forum but long time member in the Inspire one.

I've been using DJI products for 6 years now, owner of Mavic Air, P4P, I2, and Matrice 210.

I've been testing the Hammer software for the past 3 months and I must say Varun and his team at Hammer are doing outstanding progress.

There is almost an update each week based on the remarks and amelioration points I bring up to them, and the simulation mode is real good before jumping to real test outside.

I honestly see a huge potential for this app, as it aims to put together all the great features of DJI Ground Station, Litchi, Pix4D, DroneDeploy, Hangar360 and others.
But moreover, each request I had for new features unavailable in other softwares, they are trying to develop it and man, they do it fast !

Can't recommend them enough and hope you will have a chance to test the app :)

Thanks for the information. Varun does seem very friendly and willing to help. If the app was not strictly iOS, I would give it a try. Hopefully they will have an Android version in the future.

Can you elaborate on the functionality as it pertains to apps like Px4D and DroneDeploy? Does it offer missions to map autonomously and do they then do the post processing on their servers?

Reactions: CambsChris
Yes it offers to do missions autonomously, but more elaborated than pix4d or drone deploy, as you can do for examples vertical missions as well.

Moreover you can plan multiple different missions and link them in one flight, cable cam style missions, and more :)
But they don't do the post processing on their servers so it let you choose your preferred software for it afterwards, which I find great !

Reactions: CambsChris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers