New Blackmagic Micro camera...for drones - Phantom?

Might need something slightly bigger than a phantom to carry it comfortably but cameras like this are the beginning of the end of the bigger drones.

4K version does not have any type of storage..so external only.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I wouldn't care to trust a $1000 camera and $200 lens under a quadcopter. I would feel much safer with six rotors. :)

I am day dreaming about flying that camera under a larger 'copter. As a hobbyist, though, I could not justify the cost.

- Roger

Reactions: rattydude77
You could have that camera flying on a hex for the price of an inspire or less
I agree.

If my next investment will be in a camera, like this one, and built what I have P2+FC40 into a hex or octo.........very appealing idea. I expect the image quality, given the enormous optical improvements over a Gopro, to be stellar. Honestly, the Gopro lens quality is quite below my likes, after working with pro Nikon SLRS for decades.

Very interesting and I'm sure more vendors will jump in. Nikon probably, as well as Sony, Samsung, Canon, Panasonic, Olympus etc.
Let the games begin! Now we're getting somewhere.

This could well be the beginning of the end for Gopro, or better, the end of the beginning for action camera technology. The Gopro days are soon over when the first Youtubes and Vimeos appear of action camera's with high optical quality and interchangeable lenses.

You could have that camera flying on a hex for the price of an inspire or less

Exactly my plan. And the hex will still be small enough to not make it a major pain to transport. I'm very excited about this camera.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Any updates? This could be neat!!!

blackmagic-micro-cinema-camera-2015-04-13-01.jpg

That is getting smaller... But I already have a replay XD 1080 camera.
http://www.replayxd.com/product/1080-mini/
Used for my RC monster car and it can also be mounted, on my Can Am SpYder helmet, with its included camera hardware. That's plenty small enough for me.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.