New Bird in the Fleet

Reaction score
Ok, the waiting is finally over!!! Got the package Thursday. Spent the evening charging Batteries, Registering the AC, updating FW, Linking RC, etc. Had to watch a few tutorials to get it all done because it is done differently than the Inspire 1.

Friday the weather was miserable, so stayed in and messed with the simulator and got familiar with the settings and the whole operation system for it.

Today, although cold, the weather was a bit better, but windy. 15-20 mph sustained winds. Couldn’t stand it anymore, so out I went to bust the cherry on this bird!

It handled the wind without problem. I had a warning message pop up a few times warning me that it was windy and to fly with caution. RTH landed it 18” from where it took off from. The obstacle sensors work well. I was about 15 feet from a birdhouse and the remote vibrated and beeped to alert me. I could get no closer until I ascended above it. Nice.

I didn’t fly out of LOS. 2221 ft was the furthest I went. I am confused about one thing. In the flight log, it says Top Altitude was -24.7 ft (?). I probably need to do an IMU calibration……

Screen brightness… Nice! But not what I had my hopes set up for. It was pretty sunny and I found myself turning my back to the sun to shade the screen. But, I will say that glare was not an issue at all. I don’t think I will need a Hoodman or Hi-Aerial. Screen could stand to be bigger. (Used to Ipad Mini!!)

I saw no breakup of image transmission. The camera is impressive. For stills, the right trigger button is two step, just like a DSLR. Push it a little to focus, push further to take the picture. While shooting video, you can push that button to first step to re-focus at any time.

Where I flew was not scenic but I did shoot some stills and video to test. 4K is impressive and there is no pixilation when panning or yawing the camera. I have posted a few stills. I had to drastically resample them to post here. P43 is a part of P42 not resampled (compressed) You can count the bricks!

Flew 22 minutes on the battery and landed at 30%. Pretty good considering the wind. This bird is frisky too!!

I haven’t even scratched the surface yet on trying all of the various features, but overall, I am impressed. VERY Impressed.

I’ll post more after more flights.

4p1.jpg 4p2.jpg 4p3.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik