New App to Allow ANYONE to Track your Flight Real-Time!!

I don't think either side is going to back down on this ...

Some of us understand that Privacy today is not as wide or sacred as it used to be. That our lives are measured, observed and tracked so much - it makes those wild animals with trackers fitted seem totally free and clear !!

Use your credit card ... TRACKED

Walk down the street ... CCTV tracking

Car Registration ... who what where tracked

Toll Booth auto pay ... tracked

the list just goes on and on and on and on .....

Yes - we all wish to live out our lives in privacy ... interference free ... but the ******* of the world have put paid to that. The majority suffers because of the idiotic minority. That's society today.
Credit card information- protected from the public
CCTV - video is not accessible to the public except in rare instances with traffic cams. Even then your face is an anonymous blob not tied to your identity.
Car registration - again, the general public does not have access to your whereabouts who what when and where
Toll booth- this information is not available to the public
...precisely zero of your examples in your list of ways you are tracked are provided to the general public at the click of a button on their mobile device. Therefore your argument is invalid in this case.

CCTV - video is not accessible to the public except in rare instances with traffic cams. Even then your face is an anonymous blob not tied to your identity.
Car registration - again, the general public does not have access to your whereabouts who what when and where
...precisely zero of your examples in your list of ways you are tracked are provided to the general public at the click of a button on their mobile device. Therefore your argument is invalid in this case.

But aircraft can be tracked.

Why is a passenger vehicle on the ground essentially any different from a passenger vehicle in the air when it comes to privacy concerns?
If you're in an airplane you can't be carjacked you can't be harassed you can't be robbed. Here in the air vs. On the ground. You're moving fast versus moving slow. Not sure where this argument is going but it's clear to me that tracking an airplane moving at blazing speed and hundreds miles away is very different from tracking a vehicle.
How about Bad actors knowing where you are so they can rob you when you land? By the time you include the tablet and extra batteries and the case most drum setups are several thousands of dollars . I agree that FAA and law enforcement need to do this but I disagree about the general public aspect

By the way I love being on this forum and I enjoy opening my mind to new ideas when I read counter-arguments. All in good fun and with the aim to be smarter and well-rounded.
?????

If you're in an airplane you can't be carjacked you can't be harassed you can't be robbed. Here in the air vs. On the ground. You're moving fast versus moving slow. Not sure where this argument is going but it's clear to me that tracking an airplane moving at blazing speed and hundreds miles away is very different from tracking a vehicle.
How about Bad actors knowing where you are so they can rob you when you land? By the time you include the tablet and extra batteries and the case most drum setups are several thousands of dollars . I agree that FAA and law enforcement need to do this but I disagree about the general public aspect

You are far more likely to be assaulted or robbed opportunistically than by someone speculatively wandering around with a drone tracking app trying to find drone pilots, and I've never heard of even that happening.

The argument for public accessibility of this data is surely obvious. Drones in their current form are very capable remote observation devices. Even though it's not what most people do, you can launch them and observe locations and people without those people knowing where you are. If it were a regular camera then you would be holding it, and people could see you - I assume you have no problem with that. Well now it's a flying camera and DJI is proposing an app that reveals the operators location. Symmetry is preserved.

By the way I love being on this forum and I enjoy opening my mind to new ideas when I read counter-arguments. All in good fun and with the aim to be smarter and well-rounded.
[emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji631]

I understand that there is always going to be a side that says, it’s fine I’ve nothing to hide, so track me all you want. It’s seems a very small thing, and this particular issue likely is. What I think many lose sight of is the longer term implications.

You have to have lived in a repressive environment to really understand. It’s the series of small things that over time erode personal freedoms and privacy to the point at which they become meaningless. The answer that this is already the case, I suspect comes from those that have never really been in an environment in which personal freedoms and government oversight and control of daily life is a reality.

It’s not until your personally impacted, a family member who is jailed for watching an illegal Web/YouTube video or having in their position religious materials the government disagrees with, that you feel the real impact.

Defend the loss of your privacy as not an issue as you wish. I wonder how you will feel when someone acts upon that loss.

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy

Sorry again we disagree .... because the issue here is Privacy ..... not who has access.

The fact is our everyday lives are subject to observation by someone.

I could spend wasted effort in picking each argument apart ... but lets just put in one : Privacy is a thing of the past in todays society.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj