Negative Altitude with Phantom 2

Reaction score
This issue has probably been discussed but I have not found a good answer in my limited search yet. So far, I have flown my Phantom 2 (non-Vision) at two localities: my home (SE Texas) where this is not an issue since the terrain is so flat; my place in New Mexico (7200' elevation) where the terrain is mountainous. A friend of mine in New Mexico recently flew his new Vision+ and tried to fly down into a valley about 150' below his home position. He said that the Phantom would not go below 0' altitude (relative to his home position). His quadcopter is the latest Vision+ (version 3) with all the firmware updated. I realized that I have never before tried to fly below 0' altitude relative to my home position with my Phantom 2 (non-Vision) so I was not able to provide any insight for my Vision+ friend. I am unable to test out my Phantom 2 (non-Vision) until I go back to New Mexico mountains so I am wondering if any of you have had that experience and have any thoughts to pass on. It may not be a big problem but I just can't test it easily right now. If another thread addresses this issue, a link to it would be appreciated.

Robert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj