Need recommendation for P4P hood for 9.7" tablet

Reaction score
I was going to buy the hood for the 9.7 inch iPAD at DJI but then I noticed that they want $10 shipping for the product (which probably weights a few ounces..). Can anyone suggest a good hood for the RC and a source?
thanks in advance.

Thanks - I saw that one but ws scared off by the negative reviews. Working for you - the suction cups in particular?

...been through a bunch...only one worth money is the hoodman series...it blocks ALL light and reflections...all others you will see your face reflected back at you.
IMG_1708.JPG

I agree with zander lane, but for us cheapskates... Yes, the iPad can 'slide' on the suction cups, and I wish the backing was stiffer. However, it all works; been using it for about a year. The controller's holder keeps the iPad in place irrespective of the suction cups. The suction cups only matter when off the holder, then it is still not an issue for me.

Read that it is hard to control the screen cause of the depth of the thing.. Guess someone has a gripe about everything:

"A pretty good sun shade but a real pain to work with the screen controls with using touch controls on the screen such as with the DJI Go application. I do not use this any more and will probably sell it or throw it away."

...been through a bunch...only one worth money is the hoodman series...it blocks ALL light and reflections...all others you will see your face reflected back at you.View attachment 83868

Last edited:
Hi-aerial hoods are good, similar to Hoodman. Often on sale.
Only issue is they only design for ipad/iphone but I was able to use the version for 9.7" iPad with Samsung Tab E 9.7". I had to make some pads with foam poster board as the tab is a bit narrower than iPad, but even before doing that I could get it to work.
It is a bit of a pain with the touchscreen but small price for better screen visiblity.
One benefit to hi-aerial is it uses small embedded magnets to set up as a box for use.

Download the Wish app on iPhone and search phantom 4 hood you'll find them for about 6-9 dollars!

Thanks for the tip -
Wanted to get something that fit and allowed good access to the screen - have seen reports that many do not.

Was using the Hoodman, but when I started using an ipad pro and now the pro 2, bright screens, the Pgytech is good and very easy to use (fit on the tablet/phone as well as not interfering withe the tablet holders)
upload_2017-6-17_9-47-55.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl