Need new batteries and maybe intelligent charger

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while. I sort of got a bad taste in my mouth a year after purchasing my PV2+ with an extra battery in 2014. As the batteries died within 15 flights, I gave up and put it away for a few years. Too expensive to replace.

So it's been a few years. I am thinking of trying my luck at it again. I need to purchase a pair of batteries and a decent charger.

What suggestions do you have?

Thank you.

BH Photo has batteries at 169.00

The DJI charger has never provided any issues with the several that I have.
There is a firmware update for the V2 a few months ago that I think made some improvements if you are still on the old one.

I copied this from a post a few weeks ago, just in case i needed some new batts for my P2 which I use as a backup to my P4p.

FlyHi makes a good battery

I have 3 PowerExtra batteries and have not had a single problem with any of them. They are all about 3 years old and the 2 oldest ones have over 100 charges on them. They are my primary flight batteries. There are mixed reviews of them on Amazon so I guess it can be hit and miss whether you get a good one.

Haven't been here in a while. I sort of got a bad taste in my mouth a year after purchasing my PV2+ with an extra battery in 2014. As the batteries died within 15 flights, I gave up and put it away for a few years. Too expensive to replace.

So it's been a few years. I am thinking of trying my luck at it again. I need to purchase a pair of batteries and a decent charger.

What suggestions do you have?

Thank you.
if u are just feeling it out a bit to try ur luck after years maybe u could try a WTB in the classified section? maybe someone here has taken good enuf care of there bats for u to just goof around to see if u want to dive in. :)

And would that be worth losing a one thousand dollar phantom over?
The PV2 is hardly worth $1000, used Phantom 4's are selling on Ebay for $500. The point is the P2 is not worth much and there are lower cost options with 3rd party batteries.

Folks, Thanks for the replies. My understanding is that these LiPo batteries are pretty temperamental when it comes to not using them. They like to be in a certain condition when left for a period of time. A while back I was reading about some chargers made specifically for LiPo batteries, that you could pretty much leave the batteries in them when not in use and they would charge/discharge "maintain" them optimally. This is what I was thinking about.

But... Now that others have chimed in, it has started a new line of questioning. What's my PV2P worth ? Probably not enough to warrant spending $240 on a pair of new batteries. Aftermarket batteries, maybe. Cost dependent.

Maybe I should just sell it and put the money toward something newer (newer model perhaps) and more functional. Maybe even a different manufacturer? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

The PV2 is hardly worth $1000, used Phantom 4's are selling on Ebay for $500. The point is the P2 is not worth much and there are lower cost options with 3rd party batteries.
Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a p4p V2 that was being discussed. Silly me. I’m not sure I could even tell you what a PV2 is.
Anything prior to a p4 was too far back on the food chain for my liking.
I‘ll do better next time and do some hunting on what a PV2 looks like.

Folks, Thanks for the replies. My understanding is that these LiPo batteries are pretty temperamental when it comes to not using them. They like to be in a certain condition when left for a period of time. A while back I was reading about some chargers made specifically for LiPo batteries, that you could pretty much leave the batteries in them when not in use and they would charge/discharge "maintain" them optimally. This is what I was thinking about.

But... Now that others have chimed in, it has started a new line of questioning. What's my PV2P worth ? Probably not enough to warrant spending $240 on a pair of new batteries. Aftermarket batteries, maybe. Cost dependent.

Maybe I should just sell it and put the money toward something newer (newer model perhaps) and more functional. Maybe even a different manufacturer? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Yes sell it, the camera and wifi module can get you a fair bit if they are both working ok

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20