Need Help...

Reaction score
Hi all... Can some1 help me with creating mission? I want to make a video of a river. Phantom should fly forward with camera facing right on fixed angle. I have DJI Go but ill get Litchi if needed. Below is a picture of what i want... thanks...
79067b_031f1b2b71844f54ae81f3b5904e128c.jpg_srz_1903_1070_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

If your new to flying this may seem a difficult manoeuvre, you will be able to fly it manually before you know it. In the interim you will find this very easy to perform using course lock.

Use Litchi set your path of flight along the river and set camera to the compass angle 90 degrees to the right of the flight path ( google earth ) will help with the angles.

Litchi would indeed make this task easier for a beginner. I noticed in your example that you put the drone well below the height of the vegetation, and the vegetation projects into the path of the drone. There is no OA when moving sideways. Be very careful.

I would use litchi as you can set the altitude, camera angle and flight path all with the app from your computer then simply run the mission. I would set the altitude above the tree line and run the mission and if its OK then you can lower your altitude and re-run for the look you are striving for.

I crashed my P4A+ trying to do a flight like that using manual control. Drone brushed a tree branch overhanging the river and then shut down and fell 60 ft. into some bushes that broke the fall. Just missed falling into the water. Battery flipped out and was lost, and it was my newest best battery. There is no effective obstacle avoidance with the P4 or P4A when flying sideways. The only damage to the drone itself is that it ruptured one of the 4 little silicone rubber vibration absorbers that cushion the gimbal mount from the aircraft frame. I ended up ordering a vibration absorber assembly for under $10 on Amazon. It turned out to be the wrong part for the P4A (it was for the P4) but I was able to take one of the four rubber dingies from the assembly and replace the one that was torn. I have one DJI Care refresh left but 6 months more of coverage, so decided to repair it myself and save the refresh in case I really need it.

I have a P4P and Mavic Air and do this with the TapFly Intelligent Flight Mode. That mode maintains clearance to ground automatically. You can practice first in Forward and Backward Mode. When you are comfortable, try Free mode which allows you to rotate the drone to get a side looking shot.

Note, when in these modes, you can still adjust the direction. Practice over a field. Get confidence in using it. The drone will fly straight until you adjust the target direction, then it will continue to fly in that direction until you decide to make a second adjustment. In between course adjustments, the drone maintains course, speed and altitude. It lets you be the camera operator. You, of course, need to keep VLOS so when the camera is facing sideways, you are monitoring the drones position relative to the sides of the stream. If the stream bends and curves, IMO, you need to have several takes so that you can always look from behind the drone to monitor its position.

Thx for all advices, it was very helpfull... Great forum and great ppl here... Thx again guys...

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic