Need a some advice with the Iphone 6 plus

Reaction score
I have

Phantom P3P
Iphone 6plus with its own lighting cable

Ok I switched the controler on then the Phantom and then the IOS app. When I was trying to register the bird it kept on disconecting. First thing I tried was a 2nd lightning cable. I manged to get the bird registered and opened the camera. It was lossing video ever second and lossing full connection with the Phantom every 10 seconds on average. I thought it would just need updated so went ahead and tried. i checked the Phantom and the remote but both came back saying they were up to date. Also checked my phone and that said it was last updated on the 28th May and its on 1.1.2.

Am I missing something. The decoding option is active.

Just tried my partners Samsung S5 and that seems fine with nice clear video.

Also tried to soft reset the Iphone and it worked for 5 min before it started playing up again.

Any ideas

I use iphone 6+ and I don't face any issue, but some background apps may seriosly impact video decoding... for example Outlook app. Take care of available memory on the phone and try to clear recording cache.

Cleared out what I could on the iPhone and tried again but still having the same problem. Anyone any more ideas. The only thing I can think of is to factory reset my iPhone and only have the dji app to see if that works. The phone is only a few weeks old.

Have you enabled hardware video decoding in DJI Pilot app ?

I've no more suggestions ... :(
Except that you can make few other try:
- Disable hw video decode
- Try a third lightning cable (i use 0.50 mt original by apple)
- Delete DJI Piliot app from the phone and install again ...

Tried all of that with no luck. I am just backing up the phone so I can reset it and try it with no apps on it at all. Thanks for your help [emoji106]

Restoring the Phone to factory setting never solved it. :( Does you gimbal make the sound D DD on start-up just after the Phantom jingle?

Ok I just restored my phone from the back up and decided I would try again. It seemed to work fine after the battery warning showed up but something had changed.

When I was having the problem the FPV screen never covered from edge to edge of the phone as it left black lines on each end where the setting buttons were. The setting buttons were over the black lines. Now just as the battery warning red glow around the edge showed up that seemed to change the view and removed the black lines so the FPV screen covered the full phone with the settings buttons on top. I will check it again tomorrow as its going in its box for now.

Thanks again Dome for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20