ND filters

Reaction score
Will ND filters for the phantom 4 and/or the phantom 4 professional fit the phantom 3 professional? A friend of mine has these (see pic) and they fit my P3P but it says “Phantom 4 edition” and he’s not sure if that means the P4 and P4 lenses will fit the P3P. I want to order some more for my P3P but I’m seeing lots for the phantom 4 and not much for phantom 3.
IMG_1565219263.157126.jpg

Do the lenses that snap on over the factory lens work as good as the ones that screw on? I just wondered if the lighting would cause weird things to happen with multiple lenses.

Do the lenses that snap on over the factory lens work as good as the ones that screw on? I just wondered if the lighting would cause weird things to happen with multiple lenses.
Are you sure the filters are snap on? If they are l think you remove the existing factory filter first. You want as little weight as possible on the gimbal. The motors can over heat. I always had the screw on that replaced the factory filter so there was no weight increase.

Man I’m not sure of much! I goofed and bought these on eBay, thankfully only $6. They snap on (no threads) but only with the factory lens on. Then I read some posts and comments on amazon that indicate they are supposed to go on over the factory lens. The threaded ones are $99 but if these that snap on work as good, and yeah not damage motor, then I’d like to save $93.
IMG_1565228216.434515.jpg

Yes, I remember those ND filters. I thought it was funny that they were slip on. I wonder why they discontinued them? Check things out well before you use them or instead of saving, you could lose a gimbal motor.

Yes, I remember those ND filters. I thought it was funny that they were slip on. I wonder why they discontinued them? Check things out well before you use them or instead of saving, you could lose a gimbal motor.
Neewer makes some really good ND filters for the P3A and Pro that screw on. Pretty reasonable price to. That's what I use.

I bought a set of 'Slip On' Neewer filters for my P3S ... when I got my P3P - people were posting about unscrewing DJI lens and screwing on filters ....

I wondered about my Neewer 'Slip On' filters and whether they would work on the P3P ... well they do ... and no trouble for gimbal motors at all. In fact I don't even unscrew the original lens ...

I just use them same as I did on my P3S ... choose filter, screw into the holder, slip holder over the camera making sure it sits fully on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31