ND filters for p4p

Are cheap ND filters (30-50€) ok?

Not very often...lower quality ND filters (and any 'cheap' filter) can introduce color casts, etc. to your images and footage. I'm in 100% agreement with Doc1500...you get what you pay for. I've got the Polar Pro ND and ND/PL - I shoot a lot over and near water - and I've been quite happy with them.

We all have our opinion. I read a list on filters that msinger put out. There is better filters then Polar Pro, but you pay the price. Hey, you get what you pay for. The one that was just below Polar Pro was way cheaper. Maybe msinger sill has that list?
Sorry about my old memory. I have Polar Pro. I also bought the one I think was below it and I see no difference. They fit perfectly and weight the same as the factory uv filter on my P4. I don't want to lead you wrong, so try to get msinger's list.

I don't want to lead you wrong, so try to get msinger's list.
My list of P4P filters can be found here.

PolarPro is a good choice, but other brands like DJI, Freewell, Taco-RC, and PGYTECH are known to work well too.

We tend to like to go along with the crowd. Polar Pro is good no doubt. I bought Taco after a lot of research and found them to be of good quality at a cheaper price. After purchasing my P4, I had to watch the $ on my accessories.
If money is no object, there is better then Polar Pro.

I love love my Tiffen set from B&H Photo for 79 bucks. You get a polarizer which I never use, and a #8 and a #16 filter. I use the 8 most of the time as I am flying a little later in the day. But the 16 is perfect for flying at all brighter times of day. These filters are touted for being totally neutral. Polar Pro's are super as well. I have two sets of those for my Phantom 4 Birds two years ago.

No it doesn't fit neatly with the ND on the camera. Your options are attaching the DJI gimbal guard just part way on, cutting the front off that guard to allow for the camera+ND to fit, or pick up a Polar Pro gimbal guard that does fit. I did the latter option and it's worked out well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers