ND Filter Kit for P3 Standard

Looks quite neat.
Only thing I'm curious about is the extra load on the gimbal. Does it seem to put a lot of extra weight/strain on the motors?

Would love to try them out, however if this means I'll burn out my gimbal motors I think I'll pass...

(Unfortunately can't find a supplier that will ship me the Neewer filters to The Netherlands though.)

Weight is minimal. No effect on gimbal that I noticed.

Reactions: cas_per_m
So am I right in saying if shooting with an ND filter, you should use manual WB? Because it seemed to alter your WB in all instances, I'm guessing because it was on Auto WB. So the question is whether to fix it in post, or try and manually correct it in the WB settings of the DJI GO app so it's one less step to do in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this video I placed the White Balance on "Sunny". I have tried it on "Auto" as seen in my still photos above. You'll always need to do some form of white balance correction on sunny or cloudy days, or over water or especially snow for various portions of a video shoot.

Reactions: arizeda
Here you go ladies & gents. I could only find a very small number of good videos on YouTube showing a demo of camera filters for the Phantom, so I decided to add my own demo video to the mix since some of us shoot pictures and video with snow on the ground (snow really confuses the automatic camera settings). The camera filters used in this demo are inexpensive but certainly do what they are intended to do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I bought a set from eBay but they don't come with the ND16. Where did you purchase the ND16 at?

Thanks, Tele

Does anyone have a clue where I can get these in Europe, or with shipping to the EU?

(Or wanting to ship me a set for a reasonable price?)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)
I just ordered a set, let me get them and if you send me your address we can see how much shipping would be. I would ask that you use Paypal to pay me if you can and I would only charge actual shipping. I would want no profit from a fellow member.

Tele.

I bought a set from eBay but they don't come with the ND16. Where did you purchase the ND16 at?

Thanks, Tele

The ND 16 in the vid was purchased separately and only works on the P3A or P3P (it screws on after you remove the lens cover). Let's just say the one single ND16 filter cost as much as the 3 other filters combined... and it has a defect in it (the center has a tiny imperfection which comes across in the video).

In this video I placed the White Balance on "Sunny". I have tried it on "Auto" as seen in my still photos above. You'll always need to do some form of white balance correction on sunny or cloudy days, or over water or especially snow for various portions of a video shoot.
I'm a little confused too. I watched your video, and at the end of each filter segment you typed "White Balanced", but I don't understand.
Did you film each segment with auto white balance, then correct at the end, or did you have it manually set for each segment, then at the end of each segment reset to auto?
Or did you make a post correction?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused too. I watched your video, and at the end of each filter segment you typed "White Balanced", but I don't understand.
Did you film each segment with auto white balance, then correct at the end, or did you have it manually set for each segment, then at the end of each segment reset to auto?
Or did you make a post correction?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Each video segment was filmed with the White Balance set to 'sunny' and all other settings on 'Auto'. The very first segment of video is what a Phantom sees with no Filter attached. However, the Phantom, like most cameras gets confused when there is a bright sky and bright ground (snow and glare) and it then tends to produce what is the best picture, which 50% of the time is wrong. So at the end of the first video with no filter I just corrected the "White Balance" in iMovie by telling the software what exactly is white and it the corrects the color of all remaining items in the video.

I did this for each video segment but it's not neccesary.

Please note that in most cases when using filters, like a UV or Polarizer you don't normally need to white balance as the shot is good enough. In my vid you can see that this was the case but I did the white balance anyway. Polarizer filters are designed to reduce glare from clouds, snow, water, metal objects, at 90 degrees to the sun.

When using an ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32 you are essentially putting a pair of sun glasses over your lens. So that you can reduce the shutter speed and create motion blur (more film looking than video). I don't find it great for close up shots but when flying high over objects and moving on a bright day it looks very nice. Also the motion blur can reduce the props showing up in photos because they just blur out.

Last edited:
Chris_Croft I have the 3 pack for my Standard and the 6 pack for my Advanced and no issues thus far on either.

I have the polar pro pack for ps3. Push on adapter, screw on nd filters.. All good.

Ebay. Think I paid 20 quid for 3 nd filters a uv filter and a lens cap. I searched forever to find p3s filters and these are superb as you can screw on other filters too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.