Naza M V2 on Phantonm 2

Reaction score
Hi guys
Can I put a Naza M V2 on a phantom 2. Non vision. Can't seem to find anything on it so I'm guessing not. Would like to get better handling and control without going to a F450 or F550
Thanks

Not such a silly question as I first thought!
I'm fairly sure that the Phantom MC is a rebadged M-V2. But as to whether it is a 'lite' version.........

Why is this a silly question. Is it not a better unit all around. And says its for a quad. Am I missing something

You already have a Naza-M V2 in the P2nv.

Yes some of the options are inactive in the 'Phantom' version since it's dedicated to a Phantom but none that would improve flight quality.

Can you be more specific on what you want/need?

Any idea as to what these inactive options are?

And could the Phantom version be regarded as a 'Lite'- and the firmware upgrade be implemented to get it to a full M v2?

I just would like better over all performance. I guess I don't under stand the difference between the stock Phantom controller and the Naza lite and Naza mV2 controllers. I know that the lite can be hacked into a m v2. But where is the stock controller in this mix

You may gain some features but you won't gain any performance. It is the same controller but simply restricted to the P2. People have done but they did it so they could use their own batteries.

Yes you can.
I have it.

It will then support other batteries besides the P2 standard batteries, it will NOT HAVE the No Fly Zones restriction (depending on FW version (mine does not have it) and you will loose the LED behaveour underthe arms..

So... Install it and then use the LED from phantom 1 (and USB micro port to connect to it)

I'm using it for one year ad a half now without ANY problem now, no fly aways, no misflights, no overheating, no problems at all.

You will need to have Nazam v2.20 installed and NEVER update the PCB330 to version 1.1.2.1
Just keep it at version 1.0.1.31

If you do, it just stops working

The gimbal section of the nazam assistant software will NOT work with zenmuse H3-3D as well.
The pitch control will be done with the X1 controller at exactly the same way but you will no longer have control over the gains.
So I suggest you use a 10KOhm logarithmic potentiometer instead of the potentiometer on the remote controller board,.

That's it.

Reactions: Mako79

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers