NAZA-M confusion

Reaction score
The DJI FAQ says to not switch my Phantom 2 to NAZA-M mode until I have a bit of experience in the Phantom Mode. But what I haven't found anywhere is, what does the NAZA-M mode give me that the Phantom mode doesn't?
:?:

Re: NAZA-M confusioThe

:D The only reason DJI says that is NAZA mode enables functions with the S1 and S2 switches that could get new pilots in trouble. Manual mode is not recommended. Make sure you choose fail safe.

Re: NAZA-M confusioThe

Idbird said:
:D The only reason DJI says that is NAZA mode enables functions with the S1 and S2 switches that could get new pilots in trouble. Manual mode is not recommended. Make sure you choose fail safe.

Therein lies the question. What are those functions?

I'm new to this but I think NAZA mode gets you Courselock and Homelock using Switch 2 on the transmitter (that's the switch on the left). Switch up is regular mode (what you are used to), middle is Courselock and down is Homelock.

You can also change what the right switch does (Switch 1). Switch 1 in the middle goes into ATTI mode (no assistance in lateral motion from GPS so if you are moving forward/back/left/right and let go of the handle it will just keep going in that direction until you slow it down with reverse input on the controller. Altitude does not do this however (I think). All the way down is full manual so even up/down will do the same. This is dangerous and unless you are very experience makes it very easy to crash. Since the buttons are customizable in the software, many people switch all the way down so that the Phantom goes into Failsafe mode (as if the transmitter has been turned off or runs out of batteries or loses connection) and it will fly up to 20meters and then return to home position and land.

When you connect the bird to the computer and bring up the ASSISTANT SOFTWARE. At the top it will say PHANTOM, click and change to NAZA. Dibs on your bird after the crash...LOL :twisted:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0eg6q55jO8[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl