My Vision + has fallen

Reaction score
Hi I am from Spain and I would like to excuse me if I did not express well in English.

Two weeks ago I updated to a new version of firmware that DJI extracted to update the software of the Phantom 2 Vision + and from this day the drone to lose the control two times and the first time to fall down from two meters on high grass and nothing to happen to him, but yesterday it fell down from approximately 20 meters realizing strange movements and without I could do nothing for returning to take the control. Definitively the camera has parted with the brushless motor that it controls the vertical movement and also there broke the flat cable that joins the camera to the Phantom.
My Phantom is in guarantee since only it is two months old.
Where must I send the Phantom in order that they me repair it?
I do not know if anyone else has happened.

Cheers.

It will need to be sent to DJI Germany for repair. Ring them and get an RMA number. Who did you buy it off? If it was a dealer go to them and they might get in touch with DJI for you. Sounds like you were in vortex ring state but we would need more details of the crash. It will not be fixed under warranty unfortunately.

Necesitará ser enviado a DJI Alemania para la reparación. Suénalos y consigue un número de RMA. ¿Quién lo compraste apagado? Si era distribuidor autorizado va a ellos y puede ser que consigan en contacto con DJI para ti. Suena como ti estaban en estado de anillo de vórtice pero necesitaríamos más detalles del desplome. No será fijo bajo garantía desafortunadamente. Exuse esta traducción, fue hecho con Google traduce.

I sent you an answer via mail but you don´t seem to get it!?

4wd said:
The guarantee won't cover crash damage, it will need a new camera/gimbal installing.
At least it is decidedly broken not kind of working in a frustrating way.
You could remove it completely and use an alternative camera for a while.

This is not true, if you can prove that the Phantom sustained damage from either a manufacturing fault or failure by one of the systems, it will be covered under warranty.

Proving it is the hard part

This is from the DJI web site under After Sales Policies"

2. Warranty
DJI guarantees that, under the following conditions during the warranty period (see Chart), starting from the date product is purchased, warranty service will be provided.
Diagnostic, labor, materials, tests and return delivery are covered pursuant to DJI’s service warranty.
1. The following conditions must be met for warranty service:

During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.

2. Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions:

Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
Damage caused by improper installation, or incorrect use or operation despite of the guidance of manuals.
Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuit, mismatch or misuse of battery and charger.
Damage caused by any flights which didn’t follow the instructions of the manuals.
Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong wind, rain, sand/dust storm, etc.)
Damage caused by operating the unit in an electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation, etc.).
Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight.
Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts.
Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.

DownunderPhantom said:
4wd said:
During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.

Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
This confirms what I had thought the foil and 7th Channel mod as advertised would invalidate the warranty. Probably includes our Sale of Goods Act here in the UK. Fair enough I suppose.

I wonder if the clause
Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
means they will only cover the original damage from the crash and not the damage caused after you have thrown it as far as you can after the crash thus inducing the forced flight. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl