My speed is gone on P3P

Reaction score
My first three flights yesterday MPH was working well. Today's MPH either showed 0.0 or every so often showed 0.4- .5 on full stick forward. When moving around by hand I can get it to read higher. I don't know if this is related but, today I also lost connection a couple times going out anywhere in between 1400 and 1600 feet. Altitude 250. It once lost connection where return to home initiated on it's own. will an IMU calibration help with these issues?

Were your antennas both vertical? I saw a post where if the antennas are not vertical to each other and the ground it will adversely affect the range, don't know if it is true or not yet.
I've time and time again seen that having the antennas in a "V" shape, while being slanted sligtly out from the RC have proven to be the most effective on both my inspire and P3P. Others may have varying results, but I tested this quite a bit.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try tomorrow. Could a heavy populated area affect the range also? Is anyone experiencing issues with telomitry feed such as MPH? Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try tomorrow. Could a heavy populated area affect the range also? Is anyone experiencing issues with telomitry feed such as MPH? Thanks.
I've not heard of or seen the telemetry issue, however, to answer your question - YES heavily populated areas can impact the effective range. popluated areas mean things like home wireless networks, radio towers, etc. These types of things can cause 'noise' on the channel in which your aircraft operates.

Reactions: Alex Kiritsis
I've time and time again seen that having the antennas in a "V" shape, while being slanted sligtly out from the RC have proven to be the most effective on both my inspire and P3P. Others may have varying results, but I tested this quite a bit.

Yea i have seen a youtube video on this where someone tests the inspire controller in front of some very big tricky machine to test the signal strength, and exactly like you say they said gave the best signal.

Can you post a picture?

Thanks for the help guys! I would also like see a pic of the antenna orientation. Anyone else on this telomitry issue? This bothering me more than distance cause I believe the distance issue was the area I was flying in.

I am just going by what some others have said, and the Manual, which shows the strongest signal with the antennas parallel to each other and bent slightly forward. No actual experience yet as I am still waiting on my P3. Having said that we all know how accurate the information from DJI is :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help guys! I would also like see a pic of the antenna orientation. Anyone else on this telomitry issue? This bothering me more than distance cause I believe the distance issue was the area I was flying in.

So did you get MPH back after adjusting antenna?

So did you get MPH back after adjusting antenna?
Have not tried it yet. It's tough trying to do anything with two little ones constantly pulling at your leg! Lol. I will give a try later during nap time and will report back here.

Have a look on youtube for that video, it shows you on there the testing and signal strength when moving the antennas about.
Have not tried it yet. It's tough trying to do anything with two little ones constantly pulling at your leg! Lol. I will give a try later during nap time and will report back here.

LOL, i know that feeling only to well. :D:D

Reactions: Alex Kiritsis
Ok so I took her out to a privately owned airport on top of a mountain, not *** populated and there is no doubt it helps signal strength. I stared to get intermittent signal loss at 2000 ft away as I went over this mansion, so I tried the antenna trick, went out to 4500 ft until intermittent signal loss, again over some homes. Still no speed read out.

Ok so I took her out to a privately owned airport on top of a mountain, not *** populated and there is no doubt it helps signal strength. I stared to get intermittent signal loss at 2000 ft away as I went over this mansion, so I tried the antenna trick, went out to 4500 ft until intermittent signal loss, again over some homes. Still no speed read out.
Try reinstalling the app.

Try reinstalling the app.
Good idea. Thanks!
I've been using two separate android devices. I'm wonder if that could be an issue that would cause problems like such. The new firmware showed up before my last flight yesterday. Didn't do it, but that could also fix my issue. I will try reinstalling later and report back. I'm thinking I should try the firmware update first.

Good idea. Thanks!
I've been using two separate android devices. I'm wonder if that could be an issue that would cause problems like such. The new firmware showed up before my last flight yesterday. Didn't do it, but that could also fix my issue. I will try reinstalling later and report back. I'm thinking I should try the firmware update first.
I would try reinstalling the app first. Only the brave install new DJI firmware when it's first released, and once it's installed, it's very difficult/impossible to revert it. Generally speaking, firmware updates fix a common problem, and yours seems very specific to you at this point.

Can you post a picture of this antenna trick please

I will try posting a pic after work. I would also like to try the range with the antennas facing outward. This time back into a more populous area. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic