My Phantom 2+ took a dip in a fountain

Reaction score
Where do I begin.... I had this machine for only 4 days before it decided to take a swim in a client's fountain.

I was right next to it when it took the plunge, it got totally submerge.The craft was only in the water literally for a second before I was able to pull it out. Once out of the water it started to smoke and make some weird spinning sounds. Pulled out the battery immediately and started the drying process. After blow drying it out for a couple hours and let it sit for a day until I was certain it was dry. I inserted the battery and turned it on. It powered up!

However only three lights turned on the front two and back right light. In addition I was able to connect the transmitter and get the camera to work. Also we were able to connect to the pc and everything checked out. But.. it wouldn’t start and oddly the back left propeller gets very HOT not sure if something was shorted but it’s quite noticeable.

So my question is it worth trying to salvage it or it toast?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

TxTea

I would for sure try to salvage. You can either DIY or send it to a repair shop - depends on the type of person. Most likely you will need to replace the 2 LED's along with the ESC.

+1 on salvage / repair.

sounds like it has more good than bad and if you do your self it all for fun and learning...

good luck and have fun flying!

The LED's are built into the ESC and if you are having a motor issue I would replace that motor and ESC (motor controller) to correct the problem. Did you mean to back left motor gets hot. You said propeller ! I would start with that. Then after getting her working be sure all motors start and stop at the same time. Then short low test flights to confirm all is well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31