My new P1 is gonna get FPV for $29.55, 18 grams without antenna

That box lid it's sitting on ... is that the timber co you have to deal with too ?

Nope, that's 15 years old, from Costco. LOL

Here's a bit of the first flight of my new bird. The FC40 captured it pretty well, if you ask me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Clampit
Cool.Was someone holding the FC40? Pretty country there

Yep, it's very pretty country. That's about 15 minutes from town. I did this solo today. Launched the FC40 and then flew around with the P1. I was a bit nervous about getting too close, so you can never see the whites of her eyes, so to speak. There was a little breeze. I've still got to figure out how to tie in the footage from the ground. I had a video recorder positioned at the launch point too.

I kept expecting the FC40 to go into failsafe because I would ignore the controls for so long, but nope, never did. :confused:

So the FC40 was flying. It seemed to hold position well for not being attended to. I should take all three of mine up at once. ...Nah

So the FC40 was flying. It seemed to hold position well for not being attended to. I should take all three of mine up at once. ...Nah

Look at the bottom of the screen, at the shadows.

I thought you meant "a person holding the Phantom". Nope, no one else there.
I actually thought the FC40 did a poor job of holding it's position.

P1 flight #1 & FC40 filming the P1, filmed from the ground. :D

Very cool WY, like it;)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Look at the bottom of the screen, at the shadows.

I thought you meant "a person holding the Phantom". Nope, no one else there.
I actually thought the FC40 did a poor job of holding it's position.

I can say definitively that what I just saw from your FC40 is exactly what my problem bird was doing before I did an advanced calibration from a perfectly level desk. Use a level to make sure the are is perfectly level. Mine sits in place with no issues, unless its windy now

I can say definitively that what I just saw from your FC40 is exactly what my problem bird was doing before I did an advanced calibration from a perfectly level desk. Use a level to make sure the are is perfectly level. Mine sits in place with no issues, unless its windy now

Thanks Beario, slowly but surely I'm sorting out the issue, and yep, the "LEVEL & COOL" advanced IMU calibration is very important. I even leave the room while the calibration is in process so I don't shake the floor. It's surprising how much the floors move, when you're not on a concrete slab.

My new FPV setup arrived this week packaged very well. :D There are printed instructions included, with color pictures. Imagine that. Somebody somewhere is listening to our grumbling.
It looks just like what I paid for: http://rctimer.com/product-1275.html

It all came in the 1 box which was inside a 6x9 PADDED yellow envelope.
To my surprise, it didn't come via the "Slow Boat", but BY AIR MAIL and ahead of schedule.

:):) Nice job RCTIMER.COM :):)

Elgae FPV200 Package.jpg

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
My new FPV setup arrived this week packaged very well. :D There are printed instructions included, with color pictures. Imagine that. Somebody somewhere is listening to our grumbling.
It looks just like what I paid for: http://rctimer.com/product-1275.html

It all came in the 1 box which was inside a 6x9 PADDED yellow envelope.
To my surprise, it didn't come via the "Slow Boat", but BY AIR MAIL and ahead of schedule.

:):) Nice job RCTIMER.COM :):)

View attachment 23802

Glad to hear you got your stuff WY! That was a super find! Thirty bucks for the transmitter and cam.. can't beat that. And it came WITH instruction, pics and in a timely manor! Yup, Rctimer.com certainly deserves the shout out. Please be sure to update us on your build when as you go. I'll be keeping an eye out so as to educate myself ;)

Earlier in the thread (#6) you asked if you'd need a FTDI connector for the OSD. If that was answered I must of missed it but in case you still need to know, yes, your going to need that to connect it to the computer to install latest firmware and use the config software. I ordered the one Beario suggested in the thread you started about FPV&OSD. Here's the Ebay link to that FTDI:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301630377018
From what I can gather your going to need the same software I need for my Mini S-OSD and that can be found here:
https://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/wiki/OSD_Config_Tool
Congrats on everything so far!
BOT

So what are you using on the receiver end to see the FPV stuff?

I don't know yet. Any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be too fancy because I'm not shooting for long range with my 200 mw xmtr and stock antenna. I may upgrade the antenna if I can find something that weighs less than the 8.3 gram stock antenna.

I have a monitor and have looked at this a little bit, about $33 US.
ELGAE® RC906 - 5.8Ghz 32 Channel AV Receiver
http://rctimer.com/product-1129.html

So what are you using on the receiver end to see the FPV stuff?

To answer you more clearly, I have a 16" LED TV for a monitor. I know the theys say that's going to go blue, and they are correct. If I loose signal I will probably not get it back.
When I am flying within a thousand feet, I won't care.
When I am beyond 1000 feet, I won't be counting on FPV.

I'm working on putting together a suitcase which fits the monitor, receiver, "Constant Voltage" power supply, and antennas into a real sturdy package. Wyoming can be tough on things, and so can I.

I don't know yet. Any suggestions?

I don't know. I have the FatShark Predator goggles and transmitter for mine. Never really looked into piecing a kit together myself. I usually don't mind doing that, but when it came to this kind of stuff I opted to shell out a few more bucks and got everything in one kit.

I don't know. I have the FatShark Predator goggles and transmitter for mine. Never really looked into piecing a kit together myself. I usually don't mind doing that, but when it came to this kind of stuff I opted to shell out a few more bucks and got everything in one kit.

I haven't even looked at FPV through goggles. Honestly I am afraid it will be like REALLY addictive. The other issue I have with the goggles is wildlife, lions and tigers and bears Oh My. We don't have tigers, but we have moose and rattlers and wolves and ... :eek:, you get the picture.
Folks in cities carry guns for a very different reason than folks here.

Anyway, I have a need to see as much detail as possible, so I went with a really big screen.
I just need to have a constant 12 volts that can supply about 30 watts for a few hours between charges. So there is a bit more homework to do before the final product is complete. Help along those lines would be greatly appreciated. I need something that keeps on working. The nearest Ace Hardware could be 3 or 4 hours away, you can forget about finding an electronics supply. :(

Back to what I do have so far.
This transmitter is so freaking small that it's hard to handle. It's about the size of a US postage stamp, and not the big ones either. I came up with 1 1/32 x 13/16 x 3/8 of an inch, without measuring the antenna mounting threads. I weighed it and came up with 6.9 grams.

If this setup works anywhere near as advertised, I'll be happy as all get out. :D:D

If yours came with one of those stick antennas, replace it with a cloverleaf one. That should be upgrade #1.
Then maybe look into running the entire thing off its own battery vs tapping into the lipo pack.

As far as detail.....you're pretty much going to be limited by the camera and not the display. Not sure what the resolution of your camera is, but the one that came with the fatshark kit is kind of meh as far as detail goes. Sony I think makes a really nice one. Look around on youtube and look up comparison videos by some reputable people. RCModelReviews is one guy that's based in New Zealand, and he really knows his stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RCModelReviews

I think this is the kit you bought. He does a pretty good unboxing and review of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic