My cinematic attempt at a Phantom video

Very nice, no vibration, no jello.
Enter it in the contest.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very nice! I do have one suggestion: reduce the number of clips showing the rectangular building, especially the shot over the metal roof, which isn't attractive.

How many trees were injured in the filming? :)

Thanks all, no trees were harmed just took a few leaves at one point when I was sure it was about to end in tears losing LOS behind some trees. All I heard was the sound of leaves being trimmed and bits flying out, somehow I got out of it. I did fly through the bigger building too but it got fairly turbulent in there and so it was shakey plus not much to see inside other then a couple tables. Maybe I should have had something scary inside there or at least a dead phantom :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the edit, not sure if I will change this though as I dont have too much footage. It was all shot in 3 flights but with changeable conditions in low cloud. So times where it was much mistier then others and the end of the 3rd flight even got some light rain on the lens. the second flight I made a big rookie error forgetting to press record :oops: and that was likely my best flying of the session. I then flew further down the mountain but its very different to this spot so I didn't use any of that.

I do really like flying in the trees and its a little risky as it was pretty tight here, this was also before my FPV setup came in so its all just line of sight using atti mode. FPV does make it easier to fly deeper into the woods but also riskier as you can back into a tree or brush along one without ever seeing it, as I did the other day breaking 2 carbon props brushing a solid wooden post when flying through a building. Lucky I ordered 6 and I broke only one of each rotation but I will get some more as they work great. Better then the stock props I used in the video in this thread.

Audaciter said:
Snake River Prototyping liked your video, and posted a link, on Facebook. ;)

Hehe thats nice of them, I dont use Facebook and its one of the main reasons I didn't enter the Dronefly contest as it could only be entered via facebook. I guess that may help get a few likes :mrgreen:

I used to check a few facebook pages but now if I go on to public accounts the stupid popup to join comes up in a few seconds so I dont even bother loading any FB pages these days. You'd think they would benefit people going to their site even if they dont have accounts but no theyd rather try and force you into signing up.

Watched it on my iPhone. Looks like the blacks were crushed a bit and the blueish color temp is nice. Nice job! I like it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20