My 1st couple of pictures looking straight down with my new RPG

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures that I took today with my new RPG looking straight down, sooooo impressed with the results:):) this is where I work, my office!:p:p
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks squid,

So pleased with how they come out, thought I'd share;)
Nice porky and glad ya did !! Nice place to work to unless ya da yard pig !! ;)
Looks like a lot of work to keep that place looking that nice !! :D

Reactions: Clampit
Nice porky and glad ya did !! Nice place to work to unless ya da yard pig !! ;)
Looks like a lot of work to keep that place looking that nice !! :D

Thanks dirk,

Could never take pics like that before with my old gimbal, glad you like:)
I'm the pink pig bottom picture on the right, see me...........image.jpglol
The barn bottom pic on the left is the oldest timber framed barn in the world, older than me, yeah right...

Reactions: dirkclod
It is a neat looking place and one hek of a selfie !! Ya ought to make a video of that place !
Looks cool :)

Yeah that's next then I need to somehow get it on YouTube, never done that before, can't be that hard;)

Yeah that's next then I need to somehow get it on YouTube, never done that before, can't be that hard;)
It's not as if I can do it a caveman can :p

Reactions: Clampit
Here ya go, my 1st YouTube video, press the picture and here we goooooooooooooooooooooo!
image.jpg

Bummer, not working:p:p

Looks good Clampit.

How high?

Looks good Clampit.

How high?

Hi Cyclone,

Thanks for your reply:)
The arial view was taken at my max height of 400ft, I'm a good boy:D not going any higher than that, CAA rules, as you know....
When your taking photos your not looking at height/distant but getting that nice pic, all of a sudden you get the error message on screen telling you that "max height has been reached", brilliant bit of kit we have.:)

Hey Clampit thats the highest Ive been up too, yes getting out for sure to day for a fly cant wait its been about a week for me getting the shakes hahahahahaha, hey those sure are some nice photos was just showing the wife them right now, where do you work what do you do there, thats a nice place to go to work to everyday thats for sure...

Hey Clampit thats the highest Ive been up too, yes getting out for sure to day for a fly cant wait its been about a week for me getting the shakes hahahahahaha, hey those sure are some nice photos was just showing the wife them right now, where do you work what do you do there, thats a nice place to go to work to everyday thats for sure...

Hi squid,

Enjoy your flight time today, see if you can get some pics to share with us;)

Glad you like mine, very happy with them myself & the ability to shoot the camera straight down is a big bonus. I'm a maintenance engineer for the site so I look after the buildings, all the electrics & general odds & sods that need doing.;) I'm a electrical engineer by trade so this job is right up my street if you know what I mean:)

Hope your wife enjoyed the pics too, my next thing is to do a short vid of the site which I'll do within the next couple of weeks then somehow get it on YouTube, that all be a laugh:D:D

Have fun today :)

Last edited:
Well Clampit took the Phantom out tonight she seems to work good now, calibrated it on the first try, no red lights anymore or at least not this time I did it anyways, flys good, homelock works good and even my light flashes green and then yellow when Im in homelock mode like it used to, the only thing I dont like is when I shut my phantom off my gimble turns itself straight down now not sure whats that all about but at least it seems to fly good, did lose signal on my cell once to the phantom while flying not sure why but....anyways she seems okay now

Me waving at ya Clampit lolView attachment 18954

Hi squid,

Yep I can see you waving, bless ya...:) Well there you go back up in the air again & all working as it should, bet your a happy chappy now?

Soooo, what firmware are you now using? Did you manage to roll it back or are you still on v3.14?

On power down my camera stays level, don't point down like yours but I think other people's cams are doing the same as yours, have you got the new tx with the fly wheel?

We will have to start a new thread on "our photos"........:D:D

Hi squid,

Yep I can see you waving, bless ya...:) Well there you go back up in the air again & all working as it should, bet your a happy chappy now?

Soooo, what firmware are you now using? Did you manage to roll it back or are you still on v3.14?

On power down my camera stays level, don't point down like yours but I think other people's cams are doing the same as yours, have you got the new tx with the fly wheel?

We will have to start a new thread on "our photos"........:D:D
Nope guess you cant roll back any more, they force you to use the new firmware, dont know what happened when I updated must have been a glitch someplace, once I wiped the flight controller clean and reinstalled version 3.14 firmware seemed to fix the problems, gonna order me one of them new controllers thou real soon, mine camera used to stay level too till I put 3.14 firmware on it , oh well no big deal, the new controller will solve that problem, im just glad everything worked out , now I just got to get a little braver and not be such a chicken and learn to fly out farther, I always get paranoid once it get almost out of eye sight, thinking oh oh I lost it, just gotta rely on homelock to bring it back when I cant see it, but just get a little scared I guess....you ever fly yours out of eye sight...? do you bring it back with homelock?

Nope guess you cant roll back any more, they force you to use the new firmware, dont know what happened when I updated must have been a glitch someplace, once I wiped the flight controller clean and reinstalled version 3.14 firmware seemed to fix the problems, gonna order me one of them new controllers thou real soon, mine camera used to stay level too till I put 3.14 firmware on it , oh well no big deal, the new controller will solve that problem, im just glad everything worked out , now I just got to get a little braver and not be such a chicken and learn to fly out farther, I always get paranoid once it get almost out of eye sight, thinking oh oh I lost it, just gotta rely on homelock to bring it back when I cant see it, but just get a little scared I guess....you ever fly yours out of eye sight...? do you bring it back with homelock?

I've taken mine out to 900ft, now I know that's not far in some people's eyes but I was quite pleased with that, all on stock parts, no mods:) I would love to get the new transmitter & FX700 but like what I said in another another thread my lady wife has put her foot down & said noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek::eek: She's got something planned:D:D:D well I think she has:rolleyes: she normally lets me have what I want.... I'm a good boy I am;);) but not this time:(:(
Yep it's my b/day next month, the big one, click on my aviator & you will see.

Sorry forgot to mention, great photo, we will have to start a photo thread & have competitions with all P2V users, what do ya think?

I've taken mine out to 900ft, now I know that's not far in some people's eyes but I was quite pleased with that, all on stock parts, no mods:) I would love to get the new transmitter & FX700 but like what I said in another another thread my lady wife has put her foot down & said noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek::eek: She's got something planned:D:D:D well I think she has:rolleyes: she normally lets me have what I want.... I'm a good boy I am;);) but not this time:(:(
Yep it's my b/day next month, the big one, click on my aviator & you will see.

Sorry forgot to mention, great photo, we will have to start a photo thread & have competitions with all P2V users, what do ya think?
ya for sure sounds good the photo thread.......I got one more year before the big 50.......im sure shes got somethin special planned for ya , maybe even some real cool phantom stuff hint hint lol....when you were out 900 feet did you use homelock to bring it back, sure cant see it at that range unless you got rabbit eyes lol

ya for sure sounds good the photo thread.......I got one more year before the big 50.......im sure shes got somethin special planned for ya , maybe even some real cool phantom stuff hint hint lol....when you were out 900 feet did you use homelock to bring it back, sure cant see it at that range unless you got rabbit eyes lol

Yeah just a small dot in the distance.. I was flying it just using my FPV screen & bought it back that way. I was in a big open field with no trees/buildings so I wasnt that worried. I just followed the hedge row back, no problems;)

It's nice to know we have home point/fail safe so if we do get into a Poooooey situation we can bring it back that way:)

I've tried to get some info out of my wife regarding why I can't buy anything else but she just says "you'll have to wait & see" what the hells that all about...:rolleyes: I need to knoooooow.... Think that's what us guys are like, well I am anyway:D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic