Moving on its own.

Reaction score
So I flew tonight and my p4p tried going forward on its own. Not very fast but I had to counter the movement. I land and restart. Take off again .No issues this time, flew for about 6 minutes. I land and go home. A few hours later I fly again, it tries to go forward again. So instead of landing right away I hover making small movements since I'm scared to fly fast. It hovers fine. I'm not sure what's going on so I decided to ask the experts. I'm losing my trust in this drone. Kind of nervous to put it up in the air again. Any ideas what might be going on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
How many flights on your bird? Have you done a compass calibration? You were def in P mode and not accidentally in Atti Mode? Any warnings about anything coming up? Is it possible that you had enable backward flight turned on and you or something was getting close enough to the rear of the bird that it wanted to drift away from that? Just throwing stuff out there to try.

How many flights on your bird? Have you done a compass calibration? You were def in P mode and not accidentally in Atti Mode? Any warnings about anything coming up? Is it possible that you had enable backward flight turned on and you or something was getting close enough to the rear of the bird that it wanted to drift away from that? Just throwing stuff out there to try.
32 flights. 6 hours 30 minutes. I downgraded the firmware and all seems fine now. I'm going to upgrade the firmware to see if It does it again. I was Def in p mode. It could be getting confused from oa and VPS since it was pretty dark out. More testing is needed. One thing after I upgraded firmware the other day I didn't do any kinds of calibrations, so maybe it needs a compass,imu,and VPS cal???

Sent from my SM-T710 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Obvious question first. Are you flying in atti mode?
If not do you have good satellite reception ?

Is this the first time you have ever flown it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was in p mode. 16-18 sats, I have 32 flights with 6 hours 30 minutes, but I didn't calibrate anything after I did the latest firmware. I just downgraded the firmware and flew and all seemed well. But I did noticed the oa sensors act really weird when it's dark out,

32 flights. 6 hours 30 minutes. I downgraded the firmware and all seems fine now. I'm going to upgrade the firmware to see if It does it again. I was Def in p mode. It could be getting confused from oa and VPS since it was pretty dark out. More testing is needed. One thing after I upgraded firmware the other day I didn't do any kinds of calibrations, so maybe it needs a compass,imu,and VPS cal???

I bet your good after calibrate after update. And there might be something to the OA sensors giving fits in the dark too. Have not played with it in the dark yet.

Not sure if there is a difference with respect to the P4 and the top feeder version, but mine behaves like yours at dusk and I thought I had a problem. Flew it in the daytime and it was fine so I am thinking that the OA struggles with all the shadows amongst the trees where I am and the VPS was upset with the carpet of leaves and light coming from the garage. Not really an answer but that is what happened to me. I have been advised that there is no need to do recals following firmware upgrades on the IMU etc but I persist with the the IMU calibration to make sure it hasnt changed with the various means of transport and temperature for my drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart