Moving "Guts" to different frame

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody has already done this but I can't find it. How hard would it be to move the guts to a different quad frame? There are a lot of them out there and some that fold up (to make transporting easier). If you have and have pictures please let me know.
Thanks
Scott

I think you need to research whether the Naza M as fitted to the phantom is the same as a stock Naza M.
Also the GPS hardware within the phantom does not have a housing.

Denverwetbiker said:
I'm sure somebody has already done this but I can't find it. How hard would it be to move the guts to a different quad frame? There are a lot of them out there and some that fold up (to make transporting easier). If you have and have pictures please let me know.
Thanks
Scott

someone was working on transplanting the "guts" of the phantom to a f450 if i remember correctly. don't know how that went, but apparently it requires a bit of tinkering to do. good luck if you do decide to do so.

I"ve heard it's been done by a number of people.
same NAZA and same motors as the F3330,450 and 550.
the GPS would still work I believe, but it's not as protected as the ones for other DJI quads.

One thing for sure,. any other frame would be easier to work on!

I am sure this is very doable and mostt likely need to lengthen the wires. The components need to be secured and could possibly use velcro. If I ever damage my frame to the point it needs replacing I will do a 450.

Denverwetbiker said:
Thanks
Scott
yes,on different frame,redone a Walkera MX-400 with the phantom system,pulled all the mx-400 electronics and put in phantom electronics,changed to lighter carbon skids and some modification for the compass,mx-400 is 19inches prop nut to prop nut,same motors 18amp controller,dji phantom is 14 inches prop nut to prop nut 18amp 920kv motors,flys almost the same the walkera mx-400 has 3 paddle props and more power and is a quad like the phantom,as far as know the mx-400 is discontinued and replaced by a smaller version that uses reg props,but I have seen some sites still sell them without the tx for a smaller price,mx-400 is more of the 450 class and measures 29inches from prop edge to prop edge across,dji has the new 3.10 upgrade which will make this mx-400 much more stable.As far as payload I have not made any tests yet with cams or FPV systems yet, to busy having fun with it just the way it is.Hope this helps out in choice,you can purchase a frame that's withen the specs and transfer all the electronic from the phanthom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj