Moving from the U.K. to the US

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title states I am moving to the US very soon and I had a few question before I fly.

My first question is simply how to fly with the drone, I do know to use the lipo bags as a precaution but I didn't seem to be able to see which bags were the best on amazon.

My next question is basically any tips you may have about flying with the drone. I am flying Virgin Atlantic overseas and probably once more on Delta once we get there. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

1. Check the airline for any specific restrictions.

2. Drone would be in your hand baggage and not checked in

3. Try to keep batteries charged to 60%

4. It's not necessary to have LiPo safety bags but you can pickup one for each battery

5. There are restrictions on number of spare batteries one can travel with.

LiPo bags are not a requirement, so the best ones on Amazon are the least expensive! Suggest keeping your drone with you, so pack ‘er in a bag/case that meets carry-on requirements. Battery spares must be carried on. Don’t fly you drone around the terminal; hard to resist, I know!
Where you headed? I can pick you up at the airport if Denver :)

Thank you everyone for your help so far! I'm sorry I should have made it clear that I have read that they aren't required however I am just getting them to be safe from any airport staff who may have an issue. I am also only traveling with two batteries but I do not think that is an issue anyways as DJI reports the batteries at 89.2Wh. Also finally thanks for the offer in Denver but I happen to be going into New York.

Don't worry, virgin and delta have no restrictions. I flew from Manchester on Sunday didn't even open the manic case. I guess they see a lot of them, but do d/c batteries to 50%

Don't worry, virgin and delta have no restrictions. I flew from Manchester on Sunday didn't even open the manic case. I guess they see a lot of them, but do d/c batteries to 50%
Why discharge to 50%?
That's another common forum myth.
No airline or airport security people have ever asked for this or looked for it.
The only concern is that your batteries must be in carry-on luggage, not in checked luggage.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan