Moving from self centrering throttle to stady one

Reaction score
Hi.

Perhaps it is a silly question but i am a bit concern how this is going to work once I do this mod.

Currently I have stock TX that has a self centering throttle stick that I am very much used by now, but I am upgrading to a full rage Tx that do not have the self centering throttle.

I am wondering how is this going to work once I've done the upgrade.

If I translate how it works now I will say that in order to take off I need first to have throttle more than 50% and if I leave the throttle at more than 50% (being the throttle steady) is she going to continue gaining altitude?

On the other hand if throttle less than 50% then she is going to loose altitude continuously.

This seems to me quite complicate, I am sure that few of you have the steady throttle stick that could through some clarity to this.

My throttle is not and never has been self centering. Above 50% it climbs, below 50% it descends. The more you push it either way, the faster it climbs or descends. I like it this way.

There's no inherent voodoo or gotchas in this, unless you bring your throttle to zero for a few seconds.

LJ35 said:
My throttle is not and never has been self centering. Above 50% it climbs, below 50% it descends. The more you push it either way, the faster it climbs or descends. I like it this way.

There's no inherent voodoo or gotchas in this, unless you bring your throttle to zero for a few seconds.

The spring loaded throttles return to 0. In GPS mode this means an unaided hover.

Yes you can setup the T8J Futaba with self centering throttle, just finished doing it to mine, really simple. If the kit doesn't come with the T8J, just give the Hobbico a call or email them and you'll have one in a few days...... :D

slugger

Note: If you move the throttle below 10% for more than 3 seconds, the motors will STOP. ;)
I mentioned this because some flyers wanted to lower the Phantom real fast and cut the throttle below 10% longer than 3 seconds, then the motors will stop and if you panic you won't be able to recover in time!
Below is the copy from NAZA Assistant:

Motor Settings
Push both sticks to the left bottom or right bottom to start the motors. A different Cut Off Type stops the motor in a different way. Refer to the NAZA-M Quick Start Guide for more details.

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again.In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors.In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors. (1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds. (2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds. (3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

I've never flown with a self centering throttle, on either my original Phantom Tx or Futaba, but heard people dig it.

But it's not a make or break thing, you might find it ok flying without self centereing.
if not, you can possibly buy a kit to mod the new one (provided it's available, like it is for the Futaba).

As for throttle, it *should* by default (and always) be set to Intelligent mode so the motors will only cut if the craft has landed an not in motion.

Gizmo3000 said:
I've never flown with a self centering throttle, on either my original Phantom Tx or Futaba, but heard people dig it.

But it's not a make or break thing, you might find it ok flying without self centereing.
if not, you can possibly buy a kit to mod the new one (provided it's available, like it is for the Futaba).

As for throttle, it *should* by default (and always) be set to Intelligent mode so the motors will only cut if the craft has landed an not in motion.

When I first got mt Phantom, it was windy season so when I landed with the Intelligent mode, the motors kept on spinning and the rotor disk acted like a sail so my Phantom kept flipping over because the wind catch underneath! Since then I switched to the Immediate mode to solve that particular problem. Now it is calm and I switched back to the Intelligent mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic