Mounting advise for a gopro 9 on top of the P4 Pro

Reaction score
I am looking at mounting a gopro 9 on top of the phantom 4 Pro to shoot straight upwards. I would turn off Wifi and Gps in the GoPro. I was thinking of using one of the peal and stick mounts directly on top of the bird and attach the gopro to it looking straight upward. I was trying to find on google issues regarding doing this and most of the results come up with older gopro and phantom 3 and older wifi issues. We will be flying inside and wanted to film the ceiling above. The GPS in the phantom may work but most likely atti mode will be needed. Would it be ok to do this or am i just asking for trouble mounting the gopro so close to the top...I could use an arm but any drone movement would be greatly magnified this way. Any and all advice is welcomed!

I am looking at mounting a gopro 9 on top of the phantom 4 Pro to shoot straight upwards. I would turn off Wifi and Gps in the GoPro. I was thinking of using one of the peal and stick mounts directly on top of the bird and attach the gopro to it looking straight upward. I was trying to find on google issues regarding doing this and most of the results come up with older gopro and phantom 3 and older wifi issues. We will be flying inside and wanted to film the ceiling above. The GPS in the phantom may work but most likely atti mode will be needed. Would it be ok to do this or am i just asking for trouble mounting the gopro so close to the top...I could use an arm but any drone movement would be greatly magnified this way. Any and all advice is welcomed!
For outdoor flying, there would be a potential issue with partially blocking the drone's GPS receiver.
But if you are indoors in atti mode, that shouldn't be an issue.
Switching off the wifi etc on the GoPro sounds like a good idea.
Try it and see.

Reactions: Brocour
I would use a standard GoPro slide mount JB welded to the top. Its small and thin enough to not cause problems when GoPro removed. It will also fill the gaps from the rounded top. Do not drill, it will hit the GPS puck inside.
Good luck, sounds...exciting ? stay in touch.

PS, helps to warm surfaces before applying epoxy glues like JB Plastic weld.

Reactions: Brocour and Randy57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan