Mount Henry Bridge in BushFire

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Mount Henry Bridge in Bushfire, Perth, Western Australia. Prescribed burns Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) Parks and Wildlife service.
P4Pv2 recorded at 4k 60fps.
Done with 24fps.

Reactions: Nickatnite
The video seems somewhat jerky. Do you know what caused that?

Some of the pans are shaky and I don't know why, I remember doing my best to be smooth. I wonder if there is any debri in the sticks somewhere? Whatever the reason I am going to try and dedicate C1 or C2 to tripod mode so I can switch in an out fast. If the wind is not too high I might also trie attitude mode. I may also look at ways of safely checking dirt in the sticks.

Very nice ! Love the combo of boats, bridge, and birds, plus the trains, traffic and tranquility !!

Hey John

Great shots, at least the smoke is good for something

Can you get permission to fly in a restricted area?
I know "No-fly zones" are a little more difficult.
What's the process for flying in a "restricted" area (I believe it's restricts it's within 5.5km of a hospital Heli-pad)?

Cheers
Ramps

I am no expert Ramps but in some situations you can phone up a local helipad or airport and request permission some of them are never active and don't have anyone you can call I fly then. Some bigger airports wirh the 5.5 km restriction are a lot more difficult but I think you can do it under very rare circumstances with the right qualifications and permissions. With the big international and national airports I've never even tried I don't want to fly within the 5.5 km boundary. The geo-fencing will stop you anyway. But there are ways around that if you're foolish enough to try.

Just that I see that the area that you were flying was withing the restricted zone from Fiona Stanley Heli-pad so geo-fencing obviously wasn't coming into action there?
and it is "restricted" rather than "No-Fly" so was just trying to work out the difference
by the way that's going by the "Can I fly there?" App
Thanks for that

Use "Can I fly There" App from Casa it will help you decide where you can and cannot fly under what circumstances. So with the app and some common sense you're good to go.

Hey John

Great shots, at least the smoke is good for something

Can you get permission to fly in a restricted area?
I know "No-fly zones" are a little more difficult.
What's the process for flying in a "restricted" area (I believe it's restricts it's within 5.5km of a hospital Heli-pad)?

Cheers
Ramps
It seems you don’t understand what the restrictions are. You can’t launch if your aware full scale AC are operating in the area and if you become aware of a full scale AC while flying you new to avoid it and land.

Ahh, thanks
That;s what I was needing
The "warning" from the App doesn't make this clear
now I re-read it yes cannot launch or fly "If you are aware, or become aware of manned a/c etc etc"

WTB, Thanks for bring that to my attentions

I live in an area with exactly the same CASA warning, and most of my city is covered by such a warning if not red zones. The one I am in no one in living memory has seen a helicopter land or take off from there, including Parks and Wildlife employees who have worked in the area for decades. In these areas with this warning, thousands fly in them. Some I do not because I know flights take place or have in the past.
To the north, north east of my home is a red zone "This is a restricted area. Do not fly here." It covers an area about 5 times the size of Metropolitan Perth. 100,000s live there and 100s if not more fly daily both as a hobby and professionally. It is a red zone but it is not geofenced. There is even a Drone Retail outlet in it. No one has ever been prosecuted or even warned for flying there. The nearest Airport is 25 kilometers away.
Be safe and use your common sense.

No idea, maybe all the pollution? Or me

Where do you think it is shaky 2edgesword, or do you think it is all shaky?

Yes, I was referring to the pans. It seemed to start and stop rather than be a smooth pan.

Even panning in tripod mode with the same settings produces a stutter but not every time. Yesterday I tried Attitude mode and there was not stutter or shaking at all.

After a few days of trying different solutions such as calibrating the gimbal and IMU and removing a Lume Cube I fly with I was about to give up and send the P4P back to DJI.
Then after a careful examination of the props I found a small nick at the end of one of the tips. I took off the other day in a bit of wind and the bird tipped over. I checked the props but did not see any thing. So I went and bought some new quiet props and boy are they hard to find in my city. The biggest electronic outlet stores do not have one Phantom or any parts! Anyway the stuttering while panning was halved. But there is still some shake while panning and I may have to send it back anyway, unless someone nicked props.jpg
nicked props.jpg
can suggest what else it might be.
So check the tips of your quite P4P props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic