Motors fail to start properly after a crash

Reaction score
I allowed my Phantom 1 to drain its battery completely and it crashed from about 25 feet. The Phantom then sat unattended, but powered by the dying battery for 15-20 minutes while tried to get to it, further depleting the battery.After the crash, the motors fail to start correctly - they just turn in small jumping steps at about 20 RPM, but never start. They are running in the right directions, though. Any idea what happened and what I can do about it? YouTube of the malfunction here: http://youtu.be/KViW1UaFuTk

You didn't happen to have prop guards on when it crashed did you?

After the crash, did you connect it to the Assistant and re-calibrate everything?
Also re-calibrate the TX off the computer.
If the above steps didn't help, it's time to remove the shell and see if any connectors came loose.
Also the NAZA may lock up (I mean the accelerometer), so you may have to do below:

Release-Compass_zps5d548090.jpg

Yes, I did have the prop gaurds installed, and one broke. How could this affect the problem?

I had a crash but got the phantom up and flying again right after this crash, it flew fine, that was about two weeks ago. So today I received my prop guards put them on and went out to fly and one of the props would turn but only erratically any ideas?

The screws that came with the prop guard are a little longer than the motor screws, so if you remove the guard and use the same screw back onto the motor, you will get that!!
In fact, the instruction sheet of the prop guard has the RED warning about this issue.
Now it became a little known issue for our community. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4