motor upgrading

Reaction score
So I have read hundreds of posts and have tried very hard to get a handle on this topic.
Other than what other owners have said I cannot find anything official from DJI. This is somewhat disappointing.
My v2+ was purchased last May and clearly has no extra beeps and the led's don't come on until the motors are powered on.
I have a set of new motors and props sitting in the box they came in waiting!
My current esc's have no stickers but are marked v2 on the board.
DJI did say v2 is needed for the new motors
V2.1 is the current version of esc and as this is a small incremental version increase I am assuming it is to ensure compatibility with the new motors
unless they are clearly marked as v2.1 there is little point assuming they in fact are v2.1
I don't know of any validated issue with the new motors and v2.1 esc
I have confirmed with Helipal and purchased 4 v2.1 esc's which are currently enroute to me.
When I receive the new esc's I will install everything then and only then.
I will not keep guessing if my present esc's will work as the v2.1's are only 19 dollars each.
Other than this I cannot see any reason to continue to consider any other configuration if I want the new motors installed

Yip smart move.
DJI told me 2.1 is required.

Few of us got new motors a while back and installed them and then uninstalled them after a few crashes other people had with similar setups (non 2.1 setups that is) :(

I'm also going to wait until I get sum 2.1 ESC before I install them again. No real advantage to the new motors that warrants risking $1500 to be honest.

I also am going to wait to get the 2.1 version esc's before I upgrade either of my
Phantoms not worth the risk

Finally some pilots with good common sense. I say that due to a lot of less fortunate pilots spent a good amount of time trying to get others the right info so they didn't have to go through what so many of us had to.

justin00 said:
Yip smart move.
DJI told me 2.1 is required.

Few of us got new motors a while back and installed them and then uninstalled them after a few crashes other people had with similar setups (non 2.1 setups that is) :(

I'm also going to wait until I get sum 2.1 ESC before I install them again. No real advantage to the new motors that warrants risking $1500 to be honest.

While I have no doubt DJI told you that.. i cant help to wonder why the flyer they are STILL including with the new motors suggest "2.0" is compatible with the new motors????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31