Motor upgrade options for Phantom

Reaction score
So recently my Phantom 1.1.1 motors started crapping out and I was looking at what my options are for replacing them. I see the obvious ones, for instance the T-motors that are specifically designed to fit into the phantom. I'm also seeing kits with included ECS's. To get some better battery life and or performance would these be good for me considering on a fairly old 1.1.1? And if so what should I be looking for?

But I was also going to try the motor arm extensions which seems like they would give me many more options for motors as they wouldn't need to fit into the small sockets. See the attached picture, they would be mounted on a flat surface rather than that socket in the body. Similar to my first question, can I get considerably bigger motors with Better ecs's? Any recommendations?

Obviously I don't want to buy motors and or esc's that my existing gear won't be able to take advantage, but since I'm going through the trouble of replacing everything I'd love a bump in performance as well. It seems to really struggle with the weight of a dual battery setup but right now flight times an issue...

Thanks!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,414
The question you need to ask yourself is performance or flight time. Stronger faster motors are going to take more current draw and therefore reduce flight time. My purpose is slower better video and longer flight time so speed is not a factor. Look at what you want for you end result and work your plan for that direction. Only you know where your headed.... Hmm sounds like a pilot!

How are your motors failing?

BLDCs have very long lifespans.

Just curious.

The question you need to ask yourself is performance or flight time. Stronger faster motors are going to take more current draw and therefore reduce flight time. My purpose is slower better video and longer flight time so speed is not a factor. Look at what you want for you end result and work your plan for that direction. Only you know where your headed.... Hmm sounds like a pilot!

Flight time's what I want but it also seems to not be able to handle a dual battery setup along with the h3-3d. It seems most people have no problems with these things and a dual battery setup, so I'm thinking better/more powerful motors might enable dual batteries, which will enable a longer flight time? I'm not expecting double but slightly longer more stable flight is the goal.

How are your motors failing?

BLDCs have very long lifespans.

Just curious.
I've had a couple crashes and every once and a while a motor will sound a little bit loud, like there's some grinding. One motor as well will stall a bit when powering up - I've found that once you add some throttle it powers up fine, but in that initial spin one clearly seems sketchy. And lastly on my very last flight the drone seems to be going a lot slower. It was smooth and I had no problem controlling it, and battery was fine, but it just seemed to be at about 50% speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers