MotionRC has the Vision+ in stock (with & without extra batt

Re: MotionRC has the Vision+ in stock (with & without extra

I ordered last night as well. Mine is still "waiting fulfillment". I *hope* that just means that they had more to ship today than they could manage.

bbrant said:
I see some outfits who are starting to waterproof their quadcopter shells, where you can literally land them on the water they float and can take off right on the water. Some future feature like this on the phantom would be great and provide piece of mind for those of us who like to fly over the water

Lesson learned, looking forward to safe long days of flying and fliming ahead with the vision +

Man I would have been heartbroken, as I'm sure you were. Someone needs to invent a water-activated CO2 buoyancy backpack that activites automatically on contact with water and inflates a floatation device. :cool:

There are a couple of YouTube videos where a guy made pontoons for his Phantom with pieces of styrofoam. He cut slits in the foam where the landing gear to slip in, and then fasten the styrofoam in place with zip ties. He takes off and lands several times in the video and it worked quite well!

Dirty Bird said:
bbrant said:
I see some outfits who are starting to waterproof their quadcopter shells, where you can literally land them on the water they float and can take off right on the water. Some future feature like this on the phantom would be great and provide piece of mind for those of us who like to fly over the water

Lesson learned, looking forward to safe long days of flying and fliming ahead with the vision +

Man I would have been heartbroken, as I'm sure you were. Someone needs to invent a water-activated CO2 buoyancy backpack that activites automatically on contact with water and inflates a floatation device. :cool:

There are a couple of YouTube videos where a guy made pontoons for his Phantom with pieces of styrofoam. He cut slits in the foam where the landing gear to slip in, and then fasten the styrofoam in place with zip ties. He takes off and lands several times in the video and it worked quite well!

This is what I use
http://www.getterback.com/site/Video/page27.html

wont keep her dry but at least I getr back :lol:
Any way the chances of landing face up and staying that wayon pool noodles with any wind or wave action is almost 0
and even then the compass and camera are wet so might as well go lite and you can add one on each side ,paint them gray and you have missles :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 401

Now that is totally cool! Gonna order one right now since I have an affinity for flying over water. Thanks! :D

Got a tracking number today from MotionRC. UPS Says it will arrive by Tuesday. :D

It arrived today via UPS from MotionRC! Batteries charging now! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers