More powerfull repeater?

Jdacal said:
shartlza said:
To figure out which one is the master just do some process and elemination. Open repeater, turn it on and connect to the the phone and PV. Then unplug one of the patch antennas and see what side you loose, either the connection to your phone or the connection to the PV. Who ever trys this report back with your findings.

Tried that but still got signal. Could one of you that has done this already let us know which connector you connected to? The one on the right or the left in the picture?

You'll probably have to move the P2V about 50 feet away to be sure, since there is always signal leakage out of the system, even with the antennas disconnected. Makes antenna testing a pain in the WiFi world. If nearby, even if you unscrew the antenna from your transmitter, you are still getting some signal emitted that can be received. Distance is the real issue here. Putting a metal object between the repeater and the P2V will help during the test. That way the antenna you are attaching has the only decent view.

JimBinDallas said:
Jdacal said:
shartlza said:
To figure out which one is the master just do some process and elemination. Open repeater, turn it on and connect to the the phone and PV. Then unplug one of the patch antennas and see what side you loose, either the connection to your phone or the connection to the PV. Who ever trys this report back with your findings.

Tried that but still got signal. Could one of you that has done this already let us know which connector you connected to? The one on the right or the left in the picture?

You'll probably have to move the P2V about 50 feet away to be sure, since there is always signal leakage out of the system, even with the antennas disconnected. Makes antenna testing a pain in the WiFi world. If nearby, even if you unscrew the antenna from your transmitter, you are still getting some signal emitted that can be received. Distance is the real issue here. Putting a metal object between the repeater and the P2V will help during the test. That way the antenna you are attaching has the only decent view.

This is good information. Thank you!

Has anyone done anymore testing to discover which antenna is which yet?

W.A.R. said:
Has anyone done anymore testing to discover which antenna is which yet?

I haven't yet. I ordered a separate repeater for the antenna, but still on back order. Bjay said he hooked up to the left one though.

gpauk said:
Turned out too windy to do proper flight tests with the 5.8GHz PA , so I put the PV in the car, drove it to the furthest line of sight point which is about 2km. The PV was still getting a control signal, in the car... So looks good!

@gpauk Curious if you have an update on the 5.8 GHz PA :?:

steveinfl said:
gpauk said:
Turned out too windy to do proper flight tests with the 5.8GHz PA , so I put the PV in the car, drove it to the furthest line of sight point which is about 2km. The PV was still getting a control signal, in the car... So looks good!

@gpauk Curious if you have an update on the 5.8 GHz PA :?:

We've had winds gusting 60 mph for the last 4 or 5 days so no chance to do any flying :(

So, instead I'm building another amp with a view to integrating it into the tx box, rather then the lash up one I've done so far!

Having the mod inside the TX would be cool! Good luck with it. Eager to hear how it works out. Thanks for your efforts!

Sorry for my english, i'm italian. :)

I have a phantom vision with all last firmware installed (radio and P2V).

All ok, but i arrived at max 120 meters (about 400ft) and i ever lost control 5,8 GHz (connection lost, then return to home). The video (2,4 GHz) is Always fine, no problem.

I read that the control must arrive to min 300/400 meters. The radio is set to FCC (two beeps at on).

All test were done in rural zones (no Others wifi).

Two question:

1) if i change the stock radio with a radio futaba 2,4 ghz(put the tx in P2V), i lost the video? Both used the 2,4 GHz connection...

2) something wrong in my stock radio?

Thank you at all

andrew1979 said:
is already in FCC mode... Two beep on radio...

Andrew, we are in the same boat... very short range even in FCC mode with all firmwares up to date.
No you cannot use a Futaba radio with your Phantom Vision as they work on different frequencies.
I have sent back my Vision to the dealer and am waiting for a solution (full replacement, radio replacement, refund or whatever).
I must say that I am losing patience...
You should contact your dealer and try to find a solution.

I want to replace the transmitter in phantom vision with a futaba 2.4 ghz transmitter and use a futaba radio, but i don't know if the video wifi 2,4 GHz will interference...

uarts314 said:
Postby shartlza » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:03 pm
Are most of you doing a single (horizontal) polarized directional antenna or has anyone used a dual polarized (horizontal & vertical)? Most duals are a little bigger 12" to 15" squares and are about 3-6Lbs, as well as more expensive. I am wondering if it would be worth it with the extra size and cost. Also I would like to be able to mount this on the controller still, which in that case size could matter. ;)

Any thoughts or input would be great. Thanks

I just ordered the Dual Pol

http://www.balticnetworks.com/itelite-m ... l-pol.html

I'll post my experience after it arrives.

Received my itelite 2.4ghz 12db Dual Pol; Bigger than I expected. There's a lot of empty space inside the box. I'm thinking I may be able to mount the DJI extender inside the antenna box and wire them together using the U.FL to SMA connections so that I have only the single box to worry with. Its about 7.5 x 7.5 x 2.5 inches. Suppose I would have to attach a flat sided GoPro mount to mount on the Tx. Other option is to tape or otherwise "stick" the extender to the antenna and use the extender oem mount; similar to another setup I saw in this thread.

Also, the extender appears to have a small Dual Pol antenna; see exploded view; so the BIG Dual Pol should be a perfect match-up.

I'll update after I get it engineered and tested.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 611
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 647
hellos guys. i figured out where to connect the antenna. i got double the distance of what i usually get in the same area, i lost remote control signal at 1318 ft and my video was perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_2294 copy.JPG
    IMG_2294 copy.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2295 copy.JPG
    IMG_2295 copy.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_2292 copy.PNG
    IMG_2292 copy.PNG
    570.6 KB · Views: 560
rofd said:
hellos guys. i figured out where to connect the antenna. i got double the distance of what i usually get in the same area, i lost remote control signal at 1318 ft and my video was perfect.

So i ordered the same antennae as you but for some reason I cannot find a pig tail in Canada!! WTF . Try ordering through Amazon and it says no way we aren't shipping to you . Anybody got any idea where I can get that pigtail ?

bizarre

streetcreep said:
rofd said:

So i ordered the same antennae as you but for some reason I cannot find a pig tail in Canada!! WTF . Try ordering through Amazon and it says no way we aren't shipping to you . Anybody got any idea where I can get that pigtail ?

bizarre

Hello bizarre, i found this for you, http://www.amazon.ca/U-FL-RP-SMA-Pigtai ... WiFi+Cable
your welcome my friend, let know if the link works. ;)

rofd said:
streetcreep said:
rofd said:

bizarre

Hello bizarre, i found this for you, http://www.amazon.ca/U-FL-RP-SMA-Pigtai ... WiFi+Cable

yeah i saw that until i saw the shipping ..17-28 days !! I live in a major city that is why I ignored that one .. 17-28 days seems crazy

bizarre[/quote]

your welcome my friend, let know if the link works. ;)[/quote]

yeah i saw that until i saw the shipping ..17-28 days !! I live in a major city that is why I ignored that one .. 17-28 days seems crazy[/quote]

wow that's crazy for sure! how about ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Mini-PCI-U-FL ... 0724933670

try to select 2 day shipping or express or something similar?

rofd said:

bizarre

rofd said:

streetcreep said:
yeah i saw that until i saw the shipping ..17-28 days !! I live in a major city that is why I ignored that one .. 17-28 days seems crazy

rofd said:
wow that's crazy for sure! how about ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Mini-PCI-U-FL ... 0724933670

try to select 2 day shipping or express or something similar?

Hey Thanks ! I think that may be the winner . I am going to snoop around town here as well .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT