More idiots going to ruin it for everyone. Uk

I bet the pilot was an underage teen. They mostly don't care in following the laws.

What kind of drone flys at that height anyway ?

Non of the phantom range would right?

The mind boggles.

Trust the media to insert a pic of a hex. when they didn't even see it. A picture from file maybe but it could have been something smaller. However, the fact that there was an airmiss is worrying.

The mind certainly boggles lol.

To be fair it must be a hex or simila rift just to get that height.

Either way I'd love to have a word with the pilot, of you can call him that lol

Reactions: deltamike
I think we are at a point that whatever a pilot sees it will be a drone sighting.

A bird, kite, smudge on the window, just woke up from a nap and jiggled the yoke, floating specks in their eye, whatever.

I have no doubt that some of these sightings are "drones" but has anyone actually compared if the number of sightings of flying objects has gone up as opposed to 10 or 15 years ago when "drones" weren't around? Do they report bird sightings (not being sarcastic, I really don't know).

Also... If they can manage to spot these objects well enough to identify that it is a "drone" how do they explain mid air crashes, hitting trucks and other planes on runways, mountain strikes etc. Not trying to trash talk pilots, I just don't understand.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I think we are at a point that whatever a pilot sees it will be a drone sighting.

A bird, kite, smudge on the window, just woke up from a nap and jiggled the yoke, floating specks in their eye, whatever.

I have no doubt that some of these sightings are "drones" but has anyone actually compared if the number of sightings of flying objects has gone up as opposed to 10 or 15 years ago when "drones" weren't around? Do they report bird sightings (not being sarcastic, I really don't know).

Also... If they can manage to spot these objects well enough to identify that it is a "drone" how do they explain mid air crashes, hitting trucks and other planes on runways, mountain strikes etc. Not trying to trash talk pilots, I just don't understand.

There may be a bit of that happening, where any unexplained sighting is now presumed to be a UAV. Some of the reports recently have seemed somewhat unlikely, especially the reports of drones at 5000 ft or more, but this one was probably legitimate, given the description of the flashing lights etc.

There may be a bit of that happening, where any unexplained sighting is now presumed to be a UAV. Some of the reports recently have seemed somewhat unlikely, especially the reports of drones at 5000 ft or more, but this one was probably legitimate, given the description of the flashing lights etc.

Agree. There was one the other day reported over a forest fire. Must have been a new model of UAV as it had wings that were flapping (looked like that to me anyways)

Agree. There was one the other day reported over a forest fire. Must have been a new model of UAV as it had wings that were flapping (looked like that to me anyways)

That was a funny-looking UAV, if it is the recent one near here that was filmed with a cell phone you are referring to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20