Modified Case Club Compact for ITE-DBS02.2 Antenna mod

Reaction score
This mod idea was posted in the past by another forum member, and it was from this post that I got this idea. I want to credit this poster and did not want to hijack that post with my mod. I also wanted to post my mod too however, in case others are looking at a case option that will accommodate the ITELITE antenna mod.

I recently purchased the Case Club Compact case on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Ph...&qid=1476029167&sr=8-1&keywords=case+club+dji ), and I am quite happy with it. It seems well made, and it fits everything that I wish to carry within it securely and properly. Stock though, it would not accommodate my MaxxUAV antenna mod, and I have read other posts where folks were looking into case options that would.

I did not take any before pics of the non-modified case, but you can see these on Amazon via the link above. Here is a pic of my now modified case:

1.jpg

The only storage area that I lost by doing this mod was one of the battery slots (in the area of where the antenna panel now fits), but I have 4 batteries and do not anticipate needing any more. Even so, I still have a slot in the P4 for one more battery and one empty slot still remaining in the case.

In the following pic, I have highlighted the areas where I removed foam in order to accommodate the remote with the antenna panel installed:

2.jpg

If you choose to do this mod, it will be very easy to see the areas of foam that need to be removed, and I used a long and sharp kitchen knife held and moved vertically to make the cuts. I found that the foam cut very easily and cleanly, and the base of the foam is glued to a sheet of foam that sits along the bottom of the case. I just gently peeled the portions that I cut away from this base sheet, and after cutting the small notch for the controller bracket, everything fits rather nicely.

I also removed some of the 'peaks' from the lid's foam in order to not place unnecessary pressure on the antenna panel while the lid is closed - as seen below:

3.jpg

Lastly, after finishing the cutting and whatnot, I vacuumed out all the slots removing little pieces of foam that were a byproduct of the mod. No need to get these little bits into unwanted places...

Overall, I'm happy with this. I was getting tired of having to fit the antenna to the remote each time I flew, and I had to carry the antenna panel in a separate bag. I also know that there other case options out there that will accommodate the antenna panel installed (stock), but the ones that I looked at were all too big for my needs. This case and mod work well for me, and I hope this info helps!

Happy flying!

Last edited:
Good job.

Only one point: Use low power vacuum :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member