Modded Range extender Gets less range after accidental turn on without antenna Connected

Reaction score
Hello I’ve moded my phantom 2 vision plus RE700 range extender and usually get around 4000 feet at 480p 30fps. But one day I left it in my backpack to travel without any antenna attached and it turned on for like 20 minutes. When I opened my backpack I immediately turned it off and plugged in the antennas. It seemed to work fine but around 900 feet the video starts to lag like crazy and sometimes lag at less than that. What would be the cause of this and is there a fix or do I have to buy a new extender?
290a533ab73de008b1921b9ecd232b94.jpg
8b55a227cb28854948aa32b38780b6dd.jpg
eb97809fce03c873d18795668934d689.jpg

Last edited:
Running it without an aerial will burn out the transmitter, time to buy a new RE I'm afraid

Nice aerial, but a bit big, i fitted the Itelite panel to mine and can hit 6000ft on a good day

Last edited:
Running it without an aerial will burn out the transmitter, time to buy a new RE I'm afraid

Nice aerial, but a bit big, i fitted the Itelite panel to mine and can hit 6000ft on a good day
Oh if its burnt shouldn't it be not working at all? but I have ordered a new one last night and this time, going to keep one antenna attached to it the whole time just in case. My transmitter also got left on one time but it works just fine, still gets around the asame range so questioning how tt didn't get burned out.

Oh yea I saw those panels but was way too expensive for me, I got this fpvlr helical for around 20 something dollars and two clover leaves on the drone side for 30. Still not as much range as I would hope for.

Oh if its burnt shouldn't it be not working at all? but I have ordered a new one last night and this time, going to keep one antenna attached to it the whole time just in case. My transmitter also got left on one time but it works just fine, still gets around the asame range so questioning how tt didn't get burned out.

Oh yea I saw those panels but was way too expensive for me, I got this fpvlr helical for around 20 something dollars and two clover leaves on the drone side for 30. Still not as much range as I would hope for.

It may just have damaged it enough, I just read somewhere that it can happen, as you've lost distance then it's a good chance something has gone bad, well done on finding an RE, they are usually as rare as hens teeth.

This is a little off topic but it has to do with a P3S. I have had my Standard for about 6 months now and I realized that I am getting really bad distances anywhere I fly. I got the DBS Mod and installed it today. When I looked at the old antenna, I noticed it had burned marks and that it burned out. Do you what could have caused it to burn out so early after buying it?

Reactions: crash1sttime
This is a little off topic but it has to do with a P3S. I have had my Standard for about 6 months now and I realized that I am getting really bad distances anywhere I fly. I got the DBS Mod and installed it today. When I looked at the old antenna, I noticed it had burned marks and that it burned out. Do you what could have caused it to burn out so early after buying it?

The burn out comment is usually referring to a component on the board that fails, caused by not having a properly tuned aerial attached, not sure how the antenna could have gotten burned im afraid.

Today I flew my P3S at shoreline village in Long Beach, CA. I was only getting 1000 ft max range even though it’s a harbor and there shouldn’t really be any interference. Does anyone know why I wasn’t getting much distance even though I have the DBS Mod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan