MOA over an area, what do I need to do??

• Thread starter Deleted member 52574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 52574

Hello all,
I am planning a flight in a few weeks just east of Panama City Beach in FL. Looking on aviation maps it seems to be part of a special airspace which some simplified versions actually classify as an MOA.

Can someone explain what my limitations are when flying in the area outlined by the link below at N30°16' W85°58.5'
Thank you so much for your help!!

Below is a link to a chart and my coords. Below that is a link to the diagram with more detail about the zones.

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Thank you!

Military operations area. Up here nothing special to fly an air plane. Normally there will be a Notam warning if it is active, and giving advice..

I'm not sure of recreational flyers, but for us Part 107 remote pilots, we are allowed to fly in MOA (Military Operations Areas).

MOAs are indicated by magenta hash lines. If you do fly in an MOA, you have to exercise extreme caution. MOAs are almost always near, or contain, Restricted Areas (blue hash lines). Military aircraft may be flying low, fast, and possibly performing aerobatic moves and usually flying into/out of the Restricted Areas.

Never fly into any Restricted Area unless you call ahead (to a Flight Service Station) to find out if that area is going to be "Hot" or "Cold" (Active or Inactive) for the time period in which you wish to fly.

In summary, MOAs? Yes. Restricted Areas? Call ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookie$Dough
The border between TAFB and Mexico beach is at the Far East tree line where hwy98 goes into Mexico beach. Anything west of that (to business 98 in Panama City)is off limits. East of that is aok

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The border between TAFB and Mexico beach is at the Far East tree line where hwy98 goes into Mexico beach. Anything west of that (to business 98 in Panama City)is off limits. East of that is aok

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm talking much west of that. Where R-2914B is from 8500-UNLTD @ Phillips inlet. Looks to be class G sfc- 8500.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31